Try This If U Want

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theredone

Reaction score
just cracked this one after 2 weeks. very enjoyable, maybe a little premy and mildly under carbed but still, i think its a cracker

2 tins blackrock pale
.5 ldme
.25 carapils
.2 TF light

20g cent 60min
20g cent 15 mins
20g casc 5 mins

US-05 (i think)

as i said. very nice indeed, slightly darker than i was expecting though, but meh

oh and bottle with green caps

Looks a good'un. Bang her up in the DB if you want future generations to have a crack at it.

lol but im a novice :S i dont think my recipes ar DBable yet, kk will throw it in

EDIT: ok well for some reason its not letting me start new thread in db. can do it anywhere else. nfi

I love the way yr not 100% sure which yeast you used but know which colour caps to use. That's why up until now I've only used us05, removes a variable. I've started looking into liquid yeast now, has anyone else noticed how out of control this can get in a very short amount of time?

I love the way yr not 100% sure which yeast you used but know which colour caps to use. That's why up until now I've only used us05, removes a variable. I've started looking into liquid yeast now, has anyone else noticed how out of control this can get in a very short amount of time?

lol i can say with 99% assurity it was us-05, but there was a lil stage where i went notto. but havin just pulled a green cap off a king brown of this bad boy i can say 100%(well maybe not, im colour blind) it was probly green :p

LOL! I keep the green tops for the cider I brew for SWMBO. Never thought to use them for beer. I'd get confused.

theredone, put up some more details so we can have a crack at it. How large was the boil? What went into it apart from the steeping liquor? Both tins of LLME or just one, or none? What is the AA of the hops? Ferment temp? I really like Centennial, ever since Neill put up his Centenarillo recipe it's been a common hop in the brewery

2 tins blackrock pale
.5 ldme
.25 carapils
.2 TF light

20g cent 60min
20g cent 15 mins
20g casc 5 mins

US-05 (i think)

-steeped grains in a 11.5ltr pot half full of 68 degree water, wrapped in towels for insulation, for an hour.
-after the hour give grain bag a good ol squeeze, i then move it into a 5ltr pot under the tap and run about half a ltr of hot water through the grains and squeeze again, then combine both(more or less a little sparge)
-now to get the propper hcf u should ad only 1kg of goo, but i just threw the whole 1.5kg tin in cause that was alot easier then weighing sticky liquid and i figured it was close enough. oh and top up with hot water and bring to the boil :p
-now continue with the hop schedule as above, while your waiting rehydrate your yeast in half a ltr of about 25-30degree water. and u can also start dumping the rest of the fementables into your fermenter.
-when boil is done i try to chill it down as much as i can, combine everything and give it a nice big stir, and pitch at 22-25
-now this was the last brew i did before i got tempmate setup so fement temps would have been about an average of 18, this should give a clean taisting finish withought as much of the esters(or so i have read)
-BOTTLE WITH GREEN CAPS

done
enjoy

theredone, put up some more details so we can have a crack at it. How large was the boil? What went into it apart from the steeping liquor? Both tins of LLME or just one, or none? What is the AA of the hops? Ferment temp? I really like Centennial, ever since Neill put up his Centenarillo recipe it's been a common hop in the brewery

re: aa, hold on ill find me book, cent was 9.6 casc was ggrrr i didnt wright it down, they were pellets bought from craft brewer around 6% i think. sorry
EDIT: the cascade are a 5min add so they have very very little bearing on ibu's anyways

i havnt tried neils cent cause that was the batch i got a gusher in, i did get to tip it all out though :( ill have to try it again sometime

ill have to post taisting notes again in a couple of weeks as all of my beers have a tendancy to change taiste with age a bit, but this has been the best beer that ive tried so far(or maybe docs golden, tough call). im pretty sure next taisting will show a little less aroma so if that is the case the next batch of this i make ill up the last 2 additions by maybe 10g each, but we will wait and c. will post up again in 2 weeks

3 and a half weeks in the bottle now. flavour and aroma has not deminished too much, but in saying that it is such an outstainding hop profile, realy hits u with a citrus moutfull, and i love it so much that when i do this next i might add 10g to each of the late additions. bitterness is about spot on for my likings. as ive said before, this is an absolute cracker so i recomend it to all extract brewers.

will post it on db. speaking of which, Lodan how did you get to those 2 links u posted up earlier? all i do is click "jump to" click recipe db and new thread, then i get the error
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...amp;s=&f=49

cheers guys

3 and a half weeks in the bottle now. flavour and aroma has not deminished too much, but in saying that it is such an outstainding hop profile, realy hits u with a citrus moutfull, and i love it so much that when i do this next i might add 10g to each of the late additions. bitterness is about spot on for my likings. as ive said before, this is an absolute cracker so i recomend it to all extract brewers.

will post it on db. speaking of which, Lodan how did you get to those 2 links u posted up earlier? all i do is click "jump to" click recipe db and new thread, then i get the error
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...amp;s=&f=49

cheers guys

Go here: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...utocom=recipedb

Click new recipe which will take you to here: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...db&code=new

Type in your bits, then click discuss recipe.

Instead of using the recipe db subforum, you need to click recipe db at the top right of the screen to get to my first link.

Latest posts

Back