True South Single Batches

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carn sam what about poor Mrs P's? thats so close for a few of us boys. we were there yesterday and made the same comment. mind you i suppose beer delux isnt too far
The Local and Beer Deluxe have been constant supporters of mine from the beginning and regularly show case my beers and cider, so I thought I'd give them a little exclusivity. plus I've only released 10 kegs. BUT.... I am going to brew another batch! so get onto Mrs P's and let em know you want it there :beerbang:

I tried the mint ninja last night at BD. Was pretty decent. The mint wasn't as overpowering as I'd imagined. Actually it's more subtle, but the citrus/lemon really stands out. Spewin it wasn't a warmer day. A few of those would go down great on a hot day.

Thanks for brewing this, Sam

I was at true south today with my sister. Decided after an unsuccessful shopping trip that we'd make some good of it and grab a beer. She had a pilsner and I had the pale ale, but the barmen gave me a small sample of the mint ninja and it was good. The mint wasn't as overpowering as I expected, and the citrus flavour, especially the lemon really came to the forefront. It was damn tasty. Both our beers were of the highest quality too. Trying to convince my girlfriend right now to head down there for dinner and a few.

Keep up the great work

I tell you what, I'm really having fun with this beer!!! :beerbang:

What do you lot reckon ?? More mint?? I'm going to brew another batch and I think the mint should be really out there!!

What do you lot reckon ?? More mint?? I'm going to brew another batch and I think the mint should be really out there!!

Given the feedback here (as I haven't managed to make my way there; bloody starter motor) I say those that have tried it like it's current version. BUT!! Given your love of food, maybe you could put together a platter (spring rolls, cheeses, fruits, vol au vants, .....) that would compliment the extra minty version.

I definitely thinking matching thtis beer up with a specific menu would be an amazing idea. The flavoures are so refreshing and in your face that they could make some really interesting and delicious flavor combos with good food.

more mint, more mint, more mint..... :super:

Today I'm brewing a completely new beer!! It's a last minute addition to the The Local Taphouse 'GABS' line up and I've only got 3 weeks to get it ready :eek: so no time for any trials (just the way I like it :beerbang: straight in the deep end) I'm not going to give too much away just yet! BUT..... it's Dark, it's has Fruit and a little bit of something else :ph34r:

The more you prompt me, the more I might give away :rolleyes:

Sam

Today I'm brewing a completely new beer!! It's a last minute addition to the The Local Taphouse 'GABS' line up and I've only got 3 weeks to get it ready :eek: so no time for any trials (just the way I like it :beerbang: straight in the deep end) I'm not going to give too much away just yet! BUT..... it's Dark, it's has Fruit and a little bit of something else :ph34r:

Sam
mmm,
black forrest stout

..... it's Dark, it's has Fruit and a little bit of something else :ph34r:

Sam
maybe Fents has been around and inspired Sam to do a Bob Marley 'Special'

in seriousness Im guessing a porter with plums and grains of paradise

maybe Fents has been around and inspired Sam to do a Bob Marley 'Special'

nah, thats what we just brewed for the GABS :p (joking joking, we did brew something but im not going to rain the the lovely true south thread)

Back