Trenton Aluminium Stockpot, Anyone Used One

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prue76

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am trying to get all the bits and pieces together to move from kits to BIAB, and like the look of the 80 litre Trenton Stock Pot on Allquip website. Just wondered if anyone has used one and if the handles are sturdy.

Cheers Prue

Hi all,
I am trying to get all the bits and pieces together to move from kits to BIAB, and like the look of the 80 litre Trenton Stock Pot on Allquip website. Just wondered if anyone has used one and if the handles are sturdy.

Cheers Prue

I've got the 140L Trenton, it is very sturdy. The handles do look very stong, although I don't think I could carry it full. I would buy it again.

Allquip have an ebay site and sometimes they have the pots on there.

QldKev

Prue,
No doubt you will have heard all the hulla-balloo about stainless steel v Aluminium ( apparently alzheimers from aluminium , but i can't remember)...don't let that worry you...plenty of people on here use aluminium without problems. The only thing you do need to watch is how you clean it...some cleaners will pit the aluminium...
As for the handles , i used to use a 50 litre aluminium pot that looked similar...only caveat on its use is that i didn't even try and lift it whilst it contained hot/boiling liquid. From an OH & S perspective , i wouldn't even try....
If you fit a weldless ball valve and have it at a suitable height to begin with , you should be fine....
Other alternative , is get a 50 litre keg ( legally of course) , get a hole cut in the top , and use that...the handles ( chime) will definately be fine...but again...i wouldn't try and lift it whilst its hot or full of hot wort....
Another option is always your local chinese supermarket...think i paid about $100 for it , IFRC...
Cheers
Ferg

Thanks Ferg
Not to worried about alzheimers, as my Hubby will be doing the all the drinking, I'm just the cook.
Will have a chat with the local tavern re the keg option if I can't get the pot.
Prue

I have a 50l Trenton and it is perfect for 23l brews. If you wanted to do double batches then get 100l pot. I have lifted the pit to do transfers but I bought a pump after about 3 brews with it. For cleaning I just use water and dish cloth, no detergent.
I'd definitely recommend the pot though.

Latest posts

Back