Travelling With Cornies?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean83

Reaction score
Brewers,

In the next three weeks I am having to travel to Bundaberg from Brisbane for a weekend. I have three corny kegs at home at the moment with some beers that I am quite proud of that I would like to share with family for the weekend.

I have travelled with kegs before to parties and what not and when I get there the sediment is terrible, like drinking a beer milkshake. For me I don't really mind but for everyone else it becomes a no go zone.

I was hoping to have a way to take one of my kegs without it becoming too stirred up. I have a party keg would transferring to that be a better option? Or should I just put the keg in the fridge over night when I get there?

I will be leaving on a Thursday, Friday is planned with friends, and then a wedding on Saturday so the keg will probably be consumed on the Friday. If that helps for time frame.

Cheers Sean

if you have another keg then I would transfer

Cheers Mate,

Worst case scenario if I don't have another keg?

I bought a filter recently - completely solves the problem.

With that timeframe I'd say your stuffed without a filter or at least a keg to keg transfer.

Yeah was worried that would be the response,

Might just invest in a filter or another keg, guess you cant have too many kegs.

Cheers Sean

Yeah was worried that would be the response,

Might just invest in a filter or another keg, guess you cant have too many kegs.

Cheers Sean

another keg :)

U could try adding geltin and shaking it all upto mix it through. After a few pull a few pints off and it should clear the whole keg out

Or give it a few houes to sytle before u pour and it shoukd be ok

I would chill, carb and settle before travelling. then before travel, pull the beer until clear...

there shouldnt then be much sediment to stir up...

Back