Toucan K&k

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooza

Reaction score
hi all i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a straight k&k toucan.

hi all i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a straight k&k toucan.
As petesbrew stated, that thread has got numerous pages of advice on toucan recipes.

My first toucan was a Stout
Coopers Stout
Coopers Dark Ale
500g LDME
250g Dextrose
250g Brown Sugar
Both Yeasts

So two kits, and a kilo of fermentables...
Only three weeks in the bottle, so very green, but im pretty impressed by the taste profile and I know its only going to get better.

Good luck!

As petesbrew stated, that thread has got numerous pages of advice on toucan recipes.

My first toucan was a Stout
Coopers Stout
Coopers Dark Ale
500g LDME
250g Dextrose
250g Brown Sugar
Both Yeasts

So two kits, and a kilo of fermentables...
Only three weeks in the bottle, so very green, but im pretty impressed by the taste profile and I know its only going to get better.

Good luck!

I just bottled mine, very similar in recipe, except I had more fermentables in there. Too much probably.... Is yours incredibly bitter at this point?

I did a dark ale/stout with 200g of light malt and 25g of fuggles for 10 mins and s04 yeast, it took it a few months before it was good to drink. It's been about 5 months since I made it and I have about half a slab of it left, it is very nice to drink. Nothing like seeing the light at the end of a slab box, I wish I made more of it for winter.

I just bottled mine, very similar in recipe, except I had more fermentables in there. Too much probably.... Is yours incredibly bitter at this point?
Im actually surprised that its not more bitter this early on. Its actually got a sweet note to it, and I like the current bitterness (in saying that I really like bitter AIPA's/APA etc). As I said I know it will become better with age. With the fermentables I had, think it worked out around 6.5% ABV, which was strong enough for me. Plan to put a doz aside till next St Paddys.

Back