Top 10 Beer Bottling Tips to Make Bottling Day a Success

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hostage_85 said:
Why not use a Bottle tree for PET?
The way I use PET (mentioned earlier in thread) is that I rinse with hot water straight after pouring a beer. Rinse it a couple of times, then leave a few centimetres of water in the bottle and place the lid back on (loosely). I tighten up lid a day or 2 later (ie. once hot water has cooled) and store away in a cupboard or box. Leave those bottles till next bottling day. On bottling day I discard that water. Clean bottles with perc. Rinse. Then sanitise with no rinse.

So with that method a tree is not needed at all.

Dave70 said:
If you must bottle, a bottle tree is a must.
is it ? I don't have one but have been thinking of getting one .

I always rinse the longies with hot water after drinking(pet and glass but I rather glass) . then day before bottling,usually the saturday , I make 2 tubs of pink stuff with a fairly weak mix ,submurge the bottles and let them soak till I can be bothered hitting them with the bottle brush later in the day , then give them a rinse and put them in milk crates

when bottling the next day I make 2 x 25 litre tubs of idophor, give the bottles a quick 2nd rinse to get rid of any lingering bleachy smell and submurge all the bottles in the idophor and let them sit in it while i get eveything else ready which usally takes 5 to 10 mins. then I drain and give a good shake to 6 longnecks at a time ,put in drops ,fill the 6 ,then cap the 6 then repeat till the beer is gone and I'm drunk

will a tree save that much time ?

I would rate one of the spray rinse pump things more valuable then a tree.

You seem to use your milk crate for rinsing. I tend to use the dishwasher to drain after cleaning

Not having to worry about draining out every drop is the best thing about no rinse sanitiser

Latest posts

Back