Tooheys Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captian black beer

Reaction score
Quick Question. Does anyone know where to get cheap (2nd Hand) and legal tooheys style kegs? I'm kind of sick of dealing with modefied CUB style keys. The tooheys style is much eaiser to handle, just harder to get hold of.

The 80 Litre ones with the hole in the side of the keg? Good luck i have been searching for one for years ;)

Hi there

We are out of stock at the moment. We can do bulk container deliveries, but will be a while to we do the next consolidated order.

Scotty

The 80 Litre ones with the hole in the side of the keg? Good luck i have been searching for one for years ;)

Ive got one in my garage... had it for years. bought it for $20 with a newer one without the hole in the side. Its now my kettle.

The older one with the hole in the side is stamped with the date 14/7/1947.

Thats juat after the second world war when they went from wooden kegs to steel.

Its in superb nick too. I dont have the heart to chop it up. I have one chopped in half too for a BBQ in the future.

Try putting a wanted add in your local paper. thats how i got all mine.

youd be suprised what pops up B)

cheers

On the topic of Tooheys style kegs - I have a micromatic coupler to suit this style of keg and up until now I've used the larger disconnects on it.

A bit of a web search has revealed a system where ball lock posts can be fitted to the coupler - which would enable me to use it the same as the other kegs in my system.

A link to a photo of what I'm on about is here

Already having the coupler I'd be after the threaded adapters and the ball lock posts. The kegsonline site sells them, but I thought I'd see if anyone else stocks this kind of gear.

Benniee

On the topic of Tooheys style kegs - I have a micromatic coupler to suit this style of keg and up until now I've used the larger disconnects on it.

A bit of a web search has revealed a system where ball lock posts can be fitted to the coupler - which would enable me to use it the same as the other kegs in my system.

Already having the coupler I'd be after the threaded adapters and the ball lock posts. The kegsonline site sells them, but I thought I'd see if anyone else stocks this kind of gear.

Benniee

Hi Benniee,
have also been looking around for these, a guy on ebay sells them. here

Benniee

I see that you are in Newcastle so Mark's Home Brew is the place to go for all these sort of things.

Back