Too Quick? - Grain To Judges Brain In 7 Days

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm doing the same thing for the ESB comp.
I dumped an Oatmeal stout on a yeastcake of 1968 on Friday, took off like mad, was finished Monday. OG 1.063 - FG 1.015
Crash chilling now, will keg and carb tomorrow, bottle with the CPBF Saturday to get it ESB by the cut off time.

Dunno how it will go, it tastes like it could use a bit of age to round off the 6.4%, but hell why not!

I'm doing the same thing for the ESB comp.
I dumped an Oatmeal stout on a yeastcake of 1968 on Friday, took off like mad, was finished Monday. OG 1.063 - FG 1.015
Crash chilling now, will keg and carb tomorrow, bottle with the CPBF Saturday to get it ESB by the cut off time.

Dunno how it will go, it tastes like it could use a bit of age to round off the 6.4%, but hell why not!
Nuthin like time pressure to bring out the goods...Good luck

PB

WD on your sweet stout, Must be pretty good now :icon_cheers:

Saving 2 bottles of it from the keg, 1 for vicbrew, and another if it places and get an entry to the AABC. Maybe a 3rd as a taster if it does place at vicbrew if the keg doesnt blow dry by then. Other than that, the rest will be demolished this weekend! :icon_drool2:

So I see you did very well in the comp PB, how did this particular beer score?
My Oatmeal stout got a 32.5 (and a 3rd, but I think there might have only been 3 entries B) ) that I'm reasonably happy with seeing as though it was grain 6 days before entering.

So I see you did very well in the comp PB, how did this particular beer score?
My Oatmeal stout got a 32.5 (and a 3rd, but I think there might have only been 3 entries B) ) that I'm reasonably happy with seeing as though it was grain 6 days before entering.
27 for 4th..I made it as a Vanilla Bourbon Stout.
Apparantly not enough bourbon...
It is improving in the keg though and tasting pretty good now, so it will interesting to see how it goes in the State Comp.

PB

Latest posts

Back