Today In Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carbonator

Reaction score
Since non of you guys are interested in DUI, I thought "Off Topic" was the right category for these images;

Every car stopped on an Arterial road;
P5033111__Large_.JPG

The refreshment kiosk for those failing the test;
P5033116__Large_.JPG

And for those wishing to do a U-turn before arriving at the party (engine running);
other_way.jpg

Also 1Km before this, on the other side of the hill was a camera van taking holiday snaps!

They were definatly out in force today.. :huh:
Every where i went there were radars.
They were also camping at the toll gates, almost everyone going through got booked for not slowing down completely going from the 80 to the 60 zone...
Including me... :(
First ticket in 12 years...

Sqyre...

They were definatly out in force today.. :huh:
Every where i went there were radars.

Funny you should say that!

In NSW it was a different story. Today, I drove from the mid coast of NSW to Brisbane and only saw only 1 police car chasing a bike rider heading south, (north of Grafton), until this afternoon in Brisbane, on my way to a friends place, I got breath tested by Gen DUties Police . Then on the way home, I saw that stuff hosted by Highway Patrol Police in my pictures a bit further down the road.

Its the recession time to earn some "Revenue$$$$$$$$$"

Got to keep Anna's Executive Jet in fuel. :(

You wouldnt be cynical enough to suggest that police today are just glorified parking inspectors, would you? :huh:

Lets get serious on this subject. Police are just doing a job required by society. Shit job, except if you are a "certain kind of person" having to cop shit from everyone you catch doing criminal stuff!

I'm not a cop, so I don't care what those "certain kind of persons" are thinking, as I keep a low profile.

Now a will rant! About 1500M away from that location on the same road is a work zone that has a long-term temporary 50 KPH speed limit, normally 70, and most people including off-duty Police, nuns and priests would possibly slow to 65 KPH there. I reckon the QLD Police wouldn't dare setting-up a speed trap, because they wouldn't have the resources to process all the speeding motorists, including their mates.

END rant!

Lets get serious on this subject. Police are just doing a job required by society.

I agree. I think that it must be a little demoralising to be reduced from maintaining the peace to maintaining state revenue though...

I agree. I think that it must be a little demoralising to be reduced from maintaining the peace to maintaining state revenue though...

I'll add another dimension to the revenue raising...

If you were a cop, would you rather be chasing dangerous criminals at night with your female offsider, going to court during the day between your night shifts and touching Hepatitis riddled criminals to arrest them as they bight you on the arm, or prefer doing something like a low stress RBT post where the criminals are out-numbered and rarely fight the charge, all in daylight hours because RBTs are too dangerous, in most cases, in darkness?

I know what I would rather be doing!

I hate this "it's all just revenue raising"-crap. It's easy to stop them getting a single cent - stop speeding and stop your whining while you're at it.

On Bribie the Police four wheel drive goes up the ocean beach twice a day looking for nudists to arrest. Of course it takes two officers, maybe in case the nudist is a nuclear armed Mudja Hadeen member. Beats working any day, hey. I was driving over to the surfside one day and an idiot was tailgating me. There was a police radar trap ahead with a few cars pulled up and being booked, and I pulled up with Mr Tailgater still up my arse. I called out "Could you ask this person to stop tailgating me as that is illegal" They looked at me as if I had crawled out from under a rock then turned their backs and continued revenue raising. Mr tailgater drove around me and roared off burning rubber.

I recall a few years back when they were setup at every major exit out of the city, closed Captain Cook Bridge & Story Bridge down to one lane, were setup on Roma Street/Milton Road and i'm not sure about Lutwyche/Gympie road. I managed to get tested three times that night.

Just lowered the speed limits again towards roundabouts to 60Kph. WTF.

Now you are likely to get nicked as your rego goes out of date before you get home.

The speed limits seem to reflect the poor standard of driving of the average local population. ( Professional drivers not included. ) Up here the locals cannot even stay on a flat level straight road in the damp above 60KPH.

Funny how drivers when chased by the police turn into suicide bombers and always crash into the nearest solid object or tree killing themselves and all passengers too.

Shows how piss poor the standards of driving are here even the dumb yanks on World's Crazyiest police chases do better. :D

Up here the locals cannot even stay on a flat level straight road in the damp above 60KPH.

An observation of my many long tips:
It's nearly always the locals getting on the interstate highways doing 20 under the limit to go 1.5 Ks down the road, then turning into the path of a semi trailer as they cross the road. Seriously, it would be safer if they just walked.

Just been watching Charlie Boorman's By Any Means where they travel from Ireland to Sydney trying to avoid air travel.

In the last episode Russ gets busted for speeding, crossing a white line and also breathalised in daytime in good old NSW.

The comments were along the lines of we have travelled the world doing all kinds of outrageous things 18000 miles and 24 countries and only in Australia do we get busted and fined $243 by some nasty highway patrol cop. Very good for tourism as seen by the worldwide viewing audience.

Like years ago driving from Victoria to Adelaide for the F1 grand prix got stopped on the multi lane highway for doing 117 in a 110 limit. ( Let off though ). B)

"Where shall we go on holiday, love?...Australia? Why would you wanna go there?! That's that place where that guy I've never heard of on that show no one watches got fined for breaking the law! The cop was probably even polite to him. Bugger that SHITHOLE - Let's go to Cote d'Ivoire!"

"Where shall we go on holiday, love?...Australia? Why would you wanna go there?! That's that place where that guy I've never heard of on that show no one watches got fined for breaking the law! The cop was probably even polite to him. Bugger that SHITHOLE - Let's go to Cote d'Ivoire!"

:lol:

I hate those damned countries that enforce the law...

Interesting reply to a TV show that is seen by a viewing population 20 times the size of the whole population of Australia and New Zealand combined. ( And it is the kind of show that informed international tourists would watch).

Don't worry SBS will be screening it here in 2012 if you are lucky.

Carry on watching reruns of Skippy you are really in touch with the outside world.

They probably caught it in the Ivory Coast on Satellite too DSTV carries BBC, Discovery, National Geographic etc. in french. Though they may think the Crocodile Hunter is still alive and kicking.

30 years of driving the only place I was breathalised was Queensland at 08:30 on a Sunday morning without even committing a moving traffic offence.
Even the California Highway Patrol don't waste time pulling that kind of of sh**.

And yes I have driven on every continent except South America and my 50 page passport is full within 4 years on average so I get around and see things for myself.

I also drive overland way above the posted speed limits and don't get caught for speeding wonder why? must have the luck of the Irish or maybe a little bit more observant than the average drongo in his V8 racing pigkup truck with an exhaust that can be heard 2 miles away. B)

:lol:

I hate those damned hick countries that enforce the law...

And guess how many foreign tourists ever bother paying the fines and cancel the credit card deposit given to the car rental companies.

It costs the government so much money hiring an international debt collecting agency that it is not worth chasing.

Bet they are stupid enough to be doing it here going on Telstra and Electric supply companies chasing bills for 10 cents. :icon_offtopic:

a little bit more observant than the average drongo in his V8 racing pigkup truck with an exhaust that can be heard 2 miles away. B)

You forgot to mention the "Wanker Lights" at the front are permanently switched ON, distracting law abiding motorists coming from the other direction! :angry:
I've never seen a cop car turn around and chase those idiots!

Latest posts

Back