Timothy Taylor's Dark Mild, Anyone Tried It?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BjornJ

Reaction score
Hi all,
did a search for Timothy Taylor's Dark Mild but got no hits so thought I'd ask in a thread here:

Have anyone tried the Timothy Taylor's Dark Mild?

http://www.timothytaylor.co.uk/OurProducts_DarkMild.aspx

products_darkmild_bigpic.jpg

I've got a Mild in the fermenter at the moment and wouldn;t mind doing another straight off after bottling this one.
I really like Tooheys Old and was thinking trying to do a TO clone, would a black Mild be something similar or would it be too sweet?

thanks
Bjorn

No I haven't ..... but I have recently been doing some research on milds ..... especially the Sarah Hughes Ruby Mild.

I am keen to develop a robust tasting recipe that is around the 3.5 - 4.0 % ABV ..... although i believe SHRM is around 6%.

5 eyes

I bet its 100000 times better than old. I dont mind old though. If you are worried about it being too sweet add 1% Roast barley, it will ensure a nice dry finish.

For a robust tasting mild, try this, it was a hit at one of our brew clubs first Real ale festivals.

75.5% MO
5.7% Pale choc
3.6% Carafa 3
7.6% Caramunich 3
7.6% Biscuit

18 IBU

1469, or 1968.

This is quite different to the mild i have on at the moment, it is more full of flavour, and has more body. My latest one is lighter bodied and more dry. I love em both hahaha

Coopers Dark was inspired by Brains Dark (Cardiff) when a Coopers son visited Wales back then and would be a better style than Tooheys, one would think. Didn't mind a pint or six after a hard day at the steelworks down the pits at the coke ovens with the white sparks showering down on us from above and the boots bursting into flame. Again. :icon_drunk:

Thus continued the long tradition of steel workers enjoying beer after their shift.

It's not widely recognised, but it's metallurgists that invented beer, not the ancient greeks.

You simply couldn't get men to melt steel without beer as a reward.

thanks guys, some good advice there for sure.
Working on a recipe after some really good tips.

Bjorn

Thus continued the long tradition of steel workers enjoying beer after their shift.

It's not widely recognised, but it's metallurgists that invented beer, not the ancient greeks.

You simply couldn't get men to melt steel without beer as a reward.

Funny that. Im a steelworker myself!

Latest posts

Back