Timothy Taylor Yeast?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can culture up from a slant then all is not lost

In fact as has been said in an earlier post. Wyeast are adding this to their VSS list. This is in response to the interest shown here.

Batz (and other originals),

I gave a lot of opportunity for brewers to confirm their order, in the end I had to adjust my order from Wyeast to 1L as all the 'originals' didn't place a confirmed order.
It is very easy to post ditto or I am in, seems a lot harder for brewers to part with their cash.

I am a little confused by all this, I thought I was doing a good thing by tracking down this yeast, offering to do a bulk buy, splitting up the bulk yeast and sending it off. Hell, I am even getting a cell count and viability done on the batch.

Please read the WHOLE thread, before making quotes.

Others followed the confirmation, it is black and white on page 4 post #57 of this thread

Quote:
"Lets call it $35.00 + postage.
Your order will be confirmed when I have confirmation of a direct deposit.

Please send me an email to [email protected] for direct deposit details and then again once you have done the deposit."

Pretty simple stuff I thought.

Kirk

I gave a lot of opportunity for brewers to confirm their order, in the end I had to adjust my order from Wyeast to 1L as all the 'originals' didn't place a confirmed order.
It is very easy to post ditto or I am in, seems a lot harder for brewers to part with their cash.

I am a little confused by all this, I thought I was doing a good thing by tracking down this yeast, offering to do a bulk buy, splitting up the bulk yeast and sending it off. Hell, I am even getting a cell count and viability done on the batch.

Others followed the confirmation, it is black and white on page 4 post #57 of this thread

Quote:
color=#993399]Yeah it was crystal clear Kirem.

Please send me an email to [email protected] for direct deposit details and then again once you have done the deposit."

Kirk

Yeah it was crystal clear Kirem.

As one of the lucky ones who went halvies in a batch with Voosher, I would like to say thanks for all your good efforts in sourcing and making available this yeast. Top Effort! :beer:

Quote:

Kirk

Oh no..I am getting growled at again :unsure:
Better go hang up sidedown someplace once more :(

Batz :ph34r:

Batz,

If you want a slant of this yeast send a PM to me with your address and I will send you one from my bottle.

Kirk

Kirem, just a quick question what volume of yeast went into each share in the end?

Bigfridge or one of the other commercial guys, how much stepping up would that amount require to pitch to 100-120L of wort?

Thanks guys, I need to get things organised for the upcoming Perth WBBD !!!!

Kirem, just a quick question what volume of yeast went into each share in the end?

Bigfridge or one of the other commercial guys, how much stepping up would that amount require to pitch to 100-120L of wort?

Kirk can confirm but as a "starter for ten" I believe we had 6 final confirmations and a litre of yeast so 166ml each.
Wyeast state "greater than 1.2 billion cells per ml".
I'll track down the pitching volume details later; I'm sure there's a guide on the Wyeast site somewhere.

First to post the details here gets a vote of thanks.

Well, using Mr Malty's calculator, for a use a 26L starter for a 100L. :blink: That amount of yeast should be able to ferment a batch quite easily. Then use the yeast cake to make the big batch.

Edited after breaking through the brain fog of the evening. :rolleyes:

I filled a 187mL bottle. There will probably be more than 187mL as I filled over the normal fill height for these bottles. I tried to reduce as much air space as possible.

If it helps, I may be able to get a yeast count and viability done on Monday.

Stuster, that is an excellent web link.

Got my bottle yesterday. Thanks very much for your work Kirk!
Mine turned up today as well thanks Kirk

I didn't have a thermometer handy but at a guess would say the 6 techni ice cubes were about 16-18C and the actual bottle of yeast was still pretty cool.

Cheers again.

awesome.

Hope everyone is happy.

Duff and Goatherder did yours turn up?

Not yet for me kirem. I suspect it's at the post office waiting for me, i'll call by there on the way home from work.

Mine is now happily cooling its heels in the fridge.

Thanks again for your effort on this one Kirk.
:beer:

Received safely and split today into 6 x 35mm autoclaved tubes. Look forward to using it.

Where can we get some spec's on the yeast to input into Promash?

Cheers.

Picked it up this arvo, safe and sound.

Cheers Kirk, thanks for doing this one.

I am trying to get some specs on the 1496 yeast.

anyone used it yet?

Kirk

I am trying to get some specs on the 1496 yeast.

anyone used it yet?

Kirk

I have a starter race about to start. I was going to do a Belgian but the 1762 pack is taking a while to puff.
I have to do some splitting of the TT yeast anyway so I'll probably make up a starter and decide which way I go a bit later. Will there really be any choice?
I'm just going to ferment it at around 19C and keep a nose out for diacetyl just in case it needs a rest as well.

Kirk can confirm but as a "starter for ten" I believe we had 6 final confirmations and a litre of yeast so 166ml each.
I'll track down the pitching volume details later; I'm sure there's a guide on the Wyeast site somewhere.

FWIW I'm working on the following:
An activator pack is 100 billion cells
A propagator pack is 25 billion
The TT yeast supplied is 200 billion cells approx.

I'm building a starter for a 23l batch from just under 10ml (12bn cells or the equivalent of about half a propagator pack) which should be plenty given I normally split a smack pack to at least four splits.

Comments if I'm wrong.
I let you know how it goes otherwise.
:chug:

FWIW I'm working on the following:
An activator pack is 100 billion cells
A propagator pack is 25 billion
The TT yeast supplied is 200 billion cells approx.

I'm building a starter for a 23l batch from just under 10ml (12bn cells or the equivalent of about half a propagator pack) which should be plenty given I normally split a smack pack to at least four splits.

Comments if I'm wrong.
I let you know how it goes otherwise.
:chug:

You should be able to tell if you get about the same amount of 'sludge' in the bottom of your starter you will kno wthat you are ok.

Back