• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Threaded Stainless Element Recepticle Thingy For Hlt

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gregor
I did it like this:

I used a reducing bush for my element as it had more guts to weld to.

15.jpg

12.jpg

Why your at it weld in a 1/2" socket for your temp gauge

11.jpg

And two more for your sight gauge,don't use the value outlet as you don't get a reading till you close it off.
Mark your litres in descending order your filling you mash tun

s_glass.jpg

Easy stuff Sight glass shown was on a kettle I had,I fitted one the same to my HLT,can't find a pic ATM

Batz

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 11
Here it is
I did have a HERMS coil in the HLT for a while as well,didn't work out so well so I have a separate one now.

5.jpg

Batz

Hey Batz, you've earthed that baby, right? Can't really tell from the pics, but just thought I'd check.

WTF just happened here????

Only slightly related, but Gmail has just released a feature that lets you ask to be prompted with simple maths problems if you try sending emails between certain times. Perhaps we could do with a similar feature here. Or perhaps compulsory smileys on sarcastic posts ;).

Hey Batz, you've earthed that baby, right? Can't really tell from the pics, but just thought I'd check.

Of course
It's not even wired there,it has a box around it too.
Those pics were taken around 7 years ago and it's still going strong
Old dial thermostat is now replaced with a mashmaster as well.

Batz

Gregor,

considering you would have got all the info you needed from me without the questions and dead-end sugeations already submitted in this thread

I remember similar questions and answers being asked and given here from someone who joined this forum not so long ago <_<

The member who started this thread posted a question and then a follow up thankyou. Thats what forums are about. I would would be more peed if someone racked up posts blatantly only minutes apart with out editing their previous.

BYB

Gregor,

You have used my personal property (Part of my image from my camera) without my consent. I suggest you contact me first for permission to do so, via the media from which you obtained that image, in order to broadcast it on the internet.

I am personally offended you would do such a thing, considering you would have got all the info you needed from me without the questions and dead-end sugeations already submitted in this thread

Come on settle down. Its not like Gregor using your photo for something malicious or profit driven. He was just asking a simple question.

Nice way to scare off the new folks. You never know when Gregor may have been able to help you....but you have blown that idea out of the water.

P.S Gregor you don't happen to work for a metal spinning company willing to make dirt cheap conicals do you :p

Pok

Sorry Gregor, it was another drunker rant.

The image was edited and was watermarked and taken from a selling place, so there is a question about Intellectual Property.

I'm not really that concerned now I'm sober!

Forums are all about Networking, so;

Someone commented about using a Reducing Nipple, which does make more sense if it is going to be MIG welded, however, since the vessel wall will be so thin in comparison, I suggest TIG welding.

gregor , take a measurement of the outer diameter of the thread on your element and get back to me via PM i might be able to help you out .. if i can all it will cost you is postage ...

carbonator , you seriously need to be careful when you post drunk , people take you the wrong way , most of the time you have good stuff to contribute dont let it be soiled by a silly drunken post here and there , which reminds me i still gotta get that keg top picture to you dont i ....

Sorry Gregor, it was another drunker rant.

The image was edited and was watermarked and taken from a selling place, so there is a question about Intellectual Property.

I'm not really that concerned now I'm sober!

Forums are all about Networking, so;

Someone commented about using a Reducing Nipple, which does make more sense if it is going to be MIG welded, however, since the vessel wall will be so thin in comparison, I suggest TIG welding.

Ok carbonator, so I extracted a piece of one of your pictures. Sorry about that , but I didn't think that is was a big deal and I dindn't see anything about copyright or a watermark on the original. I took it from this site, not a selling place. I assume that you are not a retailer, or your status would inticate that you were.
I didnt contact (PM) you because I didnt want to pay more than I have to. I know that you are trying to flick this item as part of a HLT heating kit. Do you remember my posts on that topic? Im one of the few who tried to clearly explain the theory behind and operation of your SSR, element, potentiometer combo, something that you failed to do. Im not one of the members who got stuck into you.
Not the first drunken rant that I have seen from you (followed by an apology) and Im sure that it wont be the last.

Gregor

Latest posts

Back