Thread Size/pitch Of Cornelius Keg?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willanth

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I was going over a few kegs I bought, changing seals and cleaning them up and such and I managed to get a valve mixed up between the Cornelius "Challenger" and the Firestone kegs that I had in the kitchen. I buggered up the threads on the valve "turret" bit. If I could get the correct tap, I could chase the threads and repair it. Right now I've got a keg out of action because I got careless. I'm feeling like quite the idiot. If someone could help me out, I can run down to Bunnings and pick up the correct tap this afternoon.

Thanks all!
Will

Hey Everyone,

I was going over a few kegs I bought, changing seals and cleaning them up and such and I managed to get a valve mixed up between the Cornelius "Challenger" and the Firestone kegs that I had in the kitchen. I buggered up the threads on the valve "turret" bit. If I could get the correct tap, I could chase the threads and repair it. Right now I've got a keg out of action because I got careless. I'm feeling like quite the idiot. If someone could help me out, I can run down to Bunnings and pick up the correct tap this afternoon.

Thanks all!
Will
Cant really help in the size but go to a bolt wholesaler and they can run a gauge on it for you! you may not find the right tap at bunnings(limited range) but the guys at the nut and bolt place will put you in the right direction.If you do find out can you post your results .Id be interested.BTW dont do more than one keg at a time.I keep mixing up lids :angry:

cheers
Gryphon Brewing

Thanks for the quick reply, Gryph! I do have to make a correction though, it's a "Champion" keg, not a "Challenger". Don't I feel like an idiot.

Anyway, I'll see what I can find out, and when I find the thread sizes I'll make sure to post them. No kidding about not doing more than one keg at once, I've given myself a headache by trying to be "efficient". Oh well, it's a good thing that I've got enough kegs for the ESB that's coming out this weekend! I sure could use one!

Cheers,
Will

Thanks for the quick reply, Gryph! I do have to make a correction though, it's a "Champion" keg, not a "Challenger". Don't I feel like an idiot.

Anyway, I'll see what I can find out, and when I find the thread sizes I'll make sure to post them. No kidding about not doing more than one keg at once, I've given myself a headache by trying to be "efficient". Oh well, it's a good thing that I've got enough kegs for the ESB that's coming out this weekend! I sure could use one!

Cheers,
Will
If its the bit you screw on(female thread) to the turret .Then if you cant fix it I have a few spares we could come to a arrangement on. I would just have to run one on my kegs to see which fits what.I also have a mixture of kegs and know how you feel.Is it about 18mm spanner or the larger hex type?
Gryphon Brewing

Thanks Blackbock!

It's the liquid out ball lock fitting for my "super champ" Cornelius that has goofed up. The local shop wants nearly 40$ for one of these, so being able to chase the threads on it and clean it up will be huge.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Gryph, I would gladly work with you on a couple of the fittings.

Cheers,
Will

Thanks Blackbock!

It's the liquid out ball lock fitting for my "super champ" Cornelius that has goofed up. The local shop wants nearly 40$ for one of these, so being able to chase the threads on it and clean it up will be huge.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Gryph, I would gladly work with you on a couple of the fittings.

Cheers,
Will
Email me back and I will send you some photos.I have some that fit the super champ some with large hex (used) and some with small hex .
Gryphon Brewing

Back