Thoughts on this temp controller?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathanvonbeerenstein

Reaction score
Bought this off ebay on a whim hoping to set up an old fridge as a fermentation chamber, rather than getting an STC-1000 or similar and having to wire it up myself.
What are peoples thoughts? Anyone have any experience or hear of anyone else's?
Cheers,
Nathan
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281238312740
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1400555298.794150.jpg

They work fine, continue on. People will tell you to try kill yourself with wiring an STC-1000 but this will last long enough to make that $13.99 worth it.

I understand killing yourself is an over exaggeration, but most of are not sparkies.

Blitzer said:
They work fine, continue on. People will tell you to try kill yourself with wiring an STC-1000 but this will last long enough to make that $13.99 worth it.
I understand killing yourself is an over exaggeration, but most of are not sparkies.
You wont kill yourself with that $14 unit. Got a lot of uses that unit

* AHB does not condone killing people with the STC-1000, mind you, some people have almost killed themselves trying to work out the wirring of the STC-1000

gazzagahan said:
hi nathan, have you had a chance to try out the controller and does it work? cheers, gaz
Not Nathan, but I have 4 of these, all work fine. 2 are over 2 years old and haven't skipped a beat.

Looks decent and with the benefit of hindsight, I might have got one of those myself. But I didn't and now I'm the proud owner of a boxed STC-1000, a Ryobi cordless drill, a Dremel and a bunch of other tools I didn't have previously :super:

Back