Things I Have Leart From Home Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That while the finer points of Belgian Ales, their origins, their idiosyncrasies and their production techniques are absolutely fascinating to other beer fans and brewers, going on and on about them to those who drink Australian Lagers is a lot like turning up to a BBQ wearing a Star Trek uniform.

Beer making is a diverse and interesting subject, but 75% of all beer drinkers drink it to get drunk. Trying to educate their tastebuds is like adding strawberry flavouring to crack cocaine.

Yes, been there!

1) Your beer is only good if people ask for more, does not matter what is said.
2) It takes a lot of homebrew to give me a hangover, but strangely small amount of megaswill.

2. People throw out some awesome things in hard rubbish.

Yep, like 500lt chest freezers that still work beautifully well!

Getting its final coat of paint today, should be operational by sunday. Pics are a comin'

1. My assistant brewer is called Murphy.
2. It costs a lot to save money.

1. That while helping the missus mop 15l of beer out of the bottom of your new kegerator and cleaning carpets, you will sound so lame (even to yourself) explaining why you didn't replace the 5c 'O' rings that came FREE with your secondhand kegs from Ross that you will just shut up talking.

2. That if you are falling asleep on the lounge everynight after tea, you need to reassess your attenuation figures and your efficiency in brewmate.

Appologizing to your misses just doesn't seem enough when she slipped on the tiles in the middle of the night and nearly broke her neck on the stairs because the keg leaked while your away at work.

The taste and aroma of clove is 4-vinyl guiacol.

If you go to Spotlight to buy some Swiss voile and cotton or Target to buy some stockings....

It doesn't necessarily mean your a queer who likes making frocks and dressing in womans clothes.

But if you are you now have a good cover story.

You're happy about freakishly cold temperatures in summer!

Spotlight is the best place in town for a perv.

WeDon'THaveBeachesHerePunkin

i find BCF is quite good...... or coffee shops when i with the tin lids

Still nothing beats standing out the front of the high school with a bag of boiled sweets

...if your into Nannas... hey but each to his own mate, what you do is your business... :)

...if your into Nannas... hey but each to his own mate, what you do is your business... :)

Well, i am shacked up with one. Spose that's acceptable for a poppy?

NotJustNannasAtOurSpotlightPunkin

Well, i am shacked up with one. Spose that's acceptable for a poppy?

NotJustNannasAtOurSpotlightPunkin

Well yeh if your a poppy then thats all good. Your lucky, my local spotlight only has nannas.. :)

Thing I've learned from brewing
1- it's impossible to drink a VB at a mates place after you have ran out of your own homebrew2- it has not saved me any money,

1. If you're gong to use cardboard as a hopper because you're too cheap to buy the manufactured SS one, then make sure it is secured to the mill with at least 2 wraps of gaffa tape.

2. Don't leave your fermenter on the toilet after taking a gravity reading.

Cheers - Snow

another two from me

2. Im glad I've decided not to be a brewer as a career. I enjoy it far too much as a hobby and dont think I could brew the same couple of beers for the rest of my career.

3. When tasting beers at a showcase or sampling on your own, dont taste the IPA first... build up to it so you CAN taste everything else.

The other day I learnt that you can make a decent beer unless you own a black milk crate. Red/blue/grey are not suitable alternatives and will make your beer rubbish :p

Back