Thermometer For Two Friges

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickTed

Reaction score
I now have two fermenting fridges, and thought I'd run them both off the one temp controller. Anyone tried this or see any problems?

How accurate do you want your temperature? Where will you put the probe?

The problem I see is the fridge with the probe in it will be at the right temp, the other one is just being guessed at. It won't be *exactly* the same and have the same insulation/heat losses. If you can cope with one fridge being accurate, and the other fluctuating, go for it. If I was you, I'd set it up, get a pair of max/min thermometers and see what happens!

Matt

dickTed said:
I now have two fermenting fridges, and thought I'd run them both off the one temp controller. Anyone tried this or see any problems?
[post="93502"][/post]​

No, and Yes. How do you plan connecting the two fridges. Are you just going to run both fridges from the switched 240V side of the Thermostat. Where are you going to mount the capilliary?

DICKTED ,IF YOU ARE GOING TO RUN BOTH FRIDGES THROUGH THE ONE UNIT I WOULD SUSPECT THAT YOU WOULD PROBABLY OVERLOAD THE THERMOSTAT,not sure what rating your fridges have or what is maximum rating on your thermo,but by running this way both fridges would be trying to start at once which would have a huge startup loading on it,then while they were running you would have double the load on it,not sure about this though it does seem to be a problem from where i see it
cheers
fergi

I cannot really think of a way to run two fridges properly through the one thermostat. Running the power through a relay will stop overloading the thermostat (as I did for the one I have attached to my chest freezer), but accuracy is something that will be nigh on impossible... unless you have some whiz bang double probe/curcuit thermostat

From memory I think the Adlo relay contacts have a fair bit up their sleeve.

This might be one for "MYTH BUSTERS" they could use an AdloHeat and test two identical refrigerators set up the same way with exactly the same type of shelves in the same position. The same number of fermenters with the same volume of the same gravity wort, side by side in the same ambient temp......rave rave rave -- far too much time on my hands!

Latest posts

Back