Thermal Mass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Punter

Reaction score
Hi guys,
can anyone please explain to me how to work out the thermal mass of my mash tun?
:beer:

Hi guys,
can anyone please explain to me how to work out the thermal mass of my mash tun?
:beer:

Use the search bar in the top left of the page & do a search for "calculate thermal mass".........

........or look here!!

linkity link

Why Searching is a Good Strategy

There are a few very good reasons as to why you should search before starting a new topic.

The forum has been online for quite a few years now, and long time members have often already made very comprehensive posts on the subject. The next time the subject comes up, they usually will not retype in the information, as they have already said it all. If you are lucky, they may pop up and post a link to an existing topic that covers the subject, or they may just quietly go and do something else with their time. You will miss out on these posts, often by members who are associated with the homebrew industry, and their in depth knowledge.

Searching often turns up information relative to your topic, but may cover issues you had not even considered originally.

Make sure when searching, you try a few variations. For example, you are after suggestions to brew a Coopers Stout kit. Confine your search to the kit brewing forum and search "Cooper's and stout" as well as the variation "Coopers and stout".

Reading through the appropriate forum is a great way to gain new information. make sure you have selected "all" posts rather than just the last 30 days.

This is from the airlocked thread Outline to Using AHB.

Once you have found a relevant thread, then you can add any further questions for clarification.

Thanks, I do know how to use the search function.
I did search but nothing relevant came up.
Didn't try "calculating thermal mass"......derrr :rolleyes:

No worries Punter. You have been on the board for six months and have a low post count so you are obviously doing alot of reading. The link posted to the Outline to Using AHB has a few good tips on searching that you may or may not find useful.

Cheers POL,
yes i've been lurking for a while, lol. Just from searching and reading posts on this forum has pushed me from k+k to AG in six months :super: . Just trying to fine tune my system atm.

Latest posts

Back