The Worst Beer I've Ever Tasted

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
koots said:
Macs beers I quite enjoyed, the Hoprocker was a nice drop and I really liked the Sassy Red also.
The Hoprock, well... rocks!

Good beer.

Sweet-tooth stout.

Easily contained 500g/L of malto-dextrin powder in the formulation.

I "think" I actually swallowed the first mouthful, just out of pure, pig-headed determination. The rest went down the sink.

Hops need not apply....

beer_128269.jpg

Premium Cleanskin beer from Coles wont win you many friends either imo. Made in Korea ( not sure if Kim Jong-un came up with it)

Will be interesting to see if a new user pops up to say they don't mind it.

I didn't mind it! But only because I was poor as piss at the time. Tried it again when I was a bit more financial, and yeah, not good. It's amazing what an empty wallet and a desire for beer can do to your taste buds....

mikk said:
If you think of it as a bland, mass produced, 2 dimensional baltic porter, it becomes more drinkable. Just.

My worst beers are anything by Matso's. Rank.
Ironically probably brewed at the same gage roads brewery as the jack tar,
I thought the jack tar was unusuall but very quaffable

Jack Tar wasn't too bad, 2 bottles of it and I was swimming............ Slept good that night. :ph34r:

Well i know some people like this beer........but Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier. I only looked at the Marzen part on the label on the front which was a style i wanted to try. First impression when i open it was that it smelt like Pinetarsol (the stuff you tip into the bath when the kids have Chicken Pox to stop them itching). I tried to drink it all, i really did, but 1 glass is all i could suffer. Must be an acquired taste. :unsure:

photo.JPG

photo1.JPG

Worst Aussie beer I ever had was Mountain Goat Saison De La Chèvre. Randalled through pepperberry and coriander I believe. Only brewed once I think. Bloody awful, in fact I found it undrinkable and I am a big Saison fan usually.

Worst foreign beer I have had is Red Wolf in China. I suspect that an actual wolf may have been involved in the making and filtering of this beer. Even so it wasn't as bad as the Goat Saison.

I had Buckleys Bitter last night. Holy shit was it bad. Definitely was off, infected or insanely over carbonated. Surely not how they intended it. Anyone else tried it?

I bought a case of Lowenbrau back in the 80's from a country pub in South Aust. The price was heavily reduced and me being young, poor, dumb and in need of cheap piss, it was too good to be true.

Yep, it really was too good to be true, we only ever resorted to it once everything else in the house had been polished off. Must have taken about six months to finish it.

I actually quite like Lowenbrau now.

taztiger said:
Well i know some people like this beer........but Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier. I only looked at the Marzen part on the label on the front which was a style i wanted to try. First impression when i open it was that it smelt like Pinetarsol (the stuff you tip into the bath when the kids have Chicken Pox to stop them itching). I tried to drink it all, i really did, but 1 glass is all i could suffer. Must be an acquired taste. :unsure:

Absolute Sacrilege Taz Tiger! Schlenkerla Rauch is fking delicious. Big Smoky Woody Bacon Flavour.

I know its probably an acquired taste as you say, but as a lover i must ask:
Maybe you copped a bad bottle? or would prefer a Boags/Cascade? :p

Charst,
Yep, I don't know. I bought it from Camperdown Cellar while I was Sydney. Definitely not to my taste but maybe I have to work on my beer appreciation. Could be my upbringing on Boags draught as you say :)

I like a Boag's XXX when im in town so we all may have problems!

just cause you like better beer doesn't mean you have to like every better beer, I find belgian wit or german hef something i still struggle to fully enjoy despite liking aspects and wanting to like well made ones, hef's easier than wit but clove and strong orange i struggle with.

Also the worlds greatest double American IPA is probably lost on me. i find most of them syrupy, dank, bitter and undrinkable for the majority.

EDIT: on a side note Boag's St.George is ******* horrible.

But my Worst is still Tuborg, wet Rotten Grass.

Charst said:
Absolute Sacrilege Taz Tiger! Schlenkerla Rauch is fking delicious. Big Smoky Woody Bacon Flavour.

I know its probably an acquired taste as you say, but as a lover i must ask:
Maybe you copped a bad bottle? or would prefer a Boags/Cascade? :p
Each to their own, but Schlenkerla have some incredible beers.

Here's my early father's day gift, and I'd rate the Schlenkerla Urbock above even the Rochefort 10.

Although, I haven't tried the Rogue 'Dad's little helper' yet, but I only really got it for the label. It's a shameless gambit for the father's day market, I know, but I don't mind a blackened IPA.

Worst beer....probably Fosters in UK...in any pub...in any town...it's a plague!

1L can DAB Dortmunder

Disgusting, bizarre off taste, too long ago to describe it. A mate had a different can at the same time and thought his was fine so i can only assume mine was poisoned in some way

Someone got these at my work as a secret Santa gift, they sat in the fridge for months. Horrid!

p557181646-3.jpg

Back