The Ultimate Brewing Rig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Call it a brewing renaissance MHB!

How about a centrifuged mash tun Bandito? Made from a washing machine design ! LOL.

The Speidel system is basically a BIAB with a rigid SS bag and automated elements and pumps. The rigid SS bag is basically a MT in a kettle. I remember seeing a drawing of yours in your automated brewery design that side tracked to a BIAB system with a linear activator to remove the bag. What I'm getting at is you could build something like the Speidel with an automated crane to remove the SS inner mash tun.

Forget the sparge, if your dumping all this cash into an ultimate home brewery, you can afford to reap the benefits of a no sparge brewery and pay for the extra kilo or two of grain.

Flame suit on.

Boilover prevention and boild uniformity was why I previously posted on liking the idea of a PID controlling the boil. I am assuming you would want to position the temperature probe directly above the element (I have no idea at what height) so you get a meaningful reading. I am sure that the regular steam bubbles would provide a higher reading than 100C. Thus you could tune your boil to whatever temp you deem to be sufiiciently vigerous and/or cost effective.

And Chap, even if you are a PID-tard, a basic PID would mean you only have to sort it out once (perhaps with a mate if you were being serious) and then operate the switch providing power. You could even hide the thing inside a control box and shut the door, never to be seen again.

Latest posts

Back