The Perfect Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've just had the perfect brew day.
:)

Grist was just nicely cracked, not overly powdered. Mashed in and hit target temps perfectly. My mash tun manifold modification worked like a freakin charm. I have a camlock connector on my esky mash tun just installed, which worked a treat and was a piece of piss to disconnect the esky for rleaning it out [no more ladders](being the first time I've used them, I was a little concerned that the camlocks might leak, but it held firm). Boil went like a charm, a solid roll with 2x 2400W elements nuking furiously. Whirlpool worked well, stopped any plate chiller clogging mishaps, like has happened for the last 3-4 brews. So the Therminator dropped the temps down in 10 mins.. (like it should) (a little too well actually).
It hit the OG (1041) on the nose. I was up until 4am last night putting together two stc1000 controllers.. and I'm quite proud of them. I'm using one of them to control my fermentation, and that's working like a charm too.

It was pissing with rain intermittently, so that could've been better. But, I had bacon in the background smoking too (full loin, with streaky belly still on), so the malty smell of the boil was intermittently blended with the smell of hickory bacon smoke aromas.

What a glorious day. I need more of these. :icon_cheers:

cheers
Kieran

love it when brewdays go like that, i have had a handfull myself.

cheers matho

Awesome, sounds like a great day, I still need to tweak a few things in my equipment and process to become totally stress free...

This saturday's brew day was my cruisiest yet, started at 6 so I didn't need to rush... it was nice watching the sun rise while setting up B)

Latest posts

Back