The New Under Class Of Brewer - Ager's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry AG only in Tassie, not fussed about number of appendages tho

Very glad I don't need to be in a club to drink...man I am looking forward to suckling from the teat of the N.W. apple isle state again... proper creeks, proper rivers and proper beaches (not to mention proper brewers). Kill some more pigs and don't feed the cows psyllium husk... :icon_offtopic:

I call BS...

The cows are worth too much finacially, and as sentient beings, to test the hypothesis...how much psyllium husk could a bovine take before the ultimate bloatation?

..man I am looking forward to suckling from the teat of the N.W. apple isle state again... proper creeks, proper rivers and proper beaches (not to mention proper brewers).

man....as I was reading along, I was certain that was gonna say sisters..

The cows are worth too much finacially, and as sentient beings, to test the hypothesis...how much psyllium husk could a bovine take before the ultimate bloatation?

Carn sisters lets stay on topic here. You would never see me derail a thread! :blink:

Carn sisters lets stay on topic here. You would never see me derail a thread! :blink:
Sorry I apologise Chappo for dragging thread off track.

Back to casting lures

:lol:

Go have a nap ya cranky bugger! Besides you have to be a member of a club apparently? And I didn't see any of your qualifications :huh:

Fook orf. does that qualify me.

Screwy

Looks like I'm just and Old Member of the Bunch of Cnuts :lol:

Screwy

Searching for my can opener, visiting Coles IGA tomorrow and will contact barneyb for some tips, I hear all the noobs look to him for advice :lol:

Screwy
Haha look I'm sorry mate, didn't mean to hurt your feelings too much! I was trying to be a bit tongue in cheek (holy ones, forums superstars etc) but I guess it didn't come across that well in text.

Plus I brew AG too so I think we are in a bit of a predicament in this thread!

All this time enjoying beer like I thought it should be made....

Forgive me for I have sinned.

I joined here in 04 after seeing AG done at IBUer Ray mills house. Awesome brewer, and looked easier than i thought. Turned out after a little hiccups, it was easier than it looked, and the beers were good, and kept getting better. Im still learning stuff, and my beers are IMHO, much better. Though like has been posted, sometimes they can be average, usually when i try something different.

One of the annoying things here is that it seems people who post often are looked upon as knowledgable, purely coz they post a lot. Also, i see a lot of cut n paste answers, ie , i read this on the xyz site, so its a fact. I'd much rather tell someone about something that i've actually tried myself, not tell them what i've read. Obviously, research helps, but sometimes what you read might not relate to your setup/procedure/equipment. Now, if i wanna do something different, i'll research, ask a few questions, then do it. If it works, woo hoo, if not, d'oh!

Back to OT...
Yes us AG's can be a little bit Knowledeable....but then there is those that are right knowledgeable because they have done it ...and those that think they know because they read it...but i reckon if you sift between the talk ( read BS) , with a beer in your hand...especially at a club...where ALL types of brewers are welcome...then we would ALL learn something...
:icon_cheers:
Ferg

PS...Who is coming down to ANHC club Night ? Westagte Brewers will be there!See you there !

I'm not Danish, but I am a clog wog, with all my appendages numbered correctly according to the design chart.

As a member for over 3 years, and an AG brewer, with a below average post count compared to many, what do I have to do to join this elusive club?

Seems these days if your an AGer brewer your the new under class of brewer?

I can appreciate that just cause you brew All Grain doesn't neccessarily make you a good brewer. I am certainly guilty of doing the odd crook brew. But I sense an attitude lately towards some of our more knowledgable brewers. Why is this?

Look Chappo you poor downtrodden AG-head ... oh shit i've got tears on the keyboard, it's really not too late to turn back to the light-side, after all it's not that long ago you were all shy and unsure and asking about the next steps is it?

can-of-worms1.jpg

Come on ... you know you're tempted ... we've got BE2 and mouldy old hops in teabags and oooooh, airlocks!!! That sometimes bubble and shit.

s-type_airlock.jpg

So what's the qualifications to the club?

1. One or more instances of "Go farkin' Google it!"

2. One or more instances of taking a thread that started with a simple question on a ride to BeerGeek and back with the inclusion of at least three brewing acronyms such that the OP no longer has any idea if the topic is even about beer anymore.

3. Not being aware that "sparge" to many people could well be a word for a pregnant woman mid contraction.

4. Formulating a beer recipe with a primary objective of winning a competition, not drinking the beer.

5. Using possive adjectives to describe a border between those brewers who are accepted into the club and those who aren't.

6. Disagreeing with this post. :D

Well that airlock clearly wont bubble, there's a f**king lid on it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back