The New Under Class Of Brewer - Ager's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chappo1970

Piss off or Buy Me A Beer
Reaction score
Seems these days if your an AGer brewer your the new under class of brewer?

I can appreciate that just cause you brew All Grain doesn't neccessarily make you a good brewer. I am certainly guilty of doing the odd crook brew. But I sense an attitude lately towards some of our more knowledgable brewers. Why is this?

Only if you're 3V.

Stovetop BIAB is king.

I can appreciate that just cause you brew All Grain doesn't neccessarily make you a good brewer. I am certainly guilty of doing the odd crook brew. But I sense an attitude lately towards some of our more knowledgable brewers. Why is this?
+1
Am sick of being one of the downtrodden minority!
If we don't get more respect we should burn 200 copies of 'How to Brew'

Cause AGer's are all tools!

The preferred nomenclature is small ePenis thanks...

I'm a single father of 3 vessels and a March pump... I deserve a little compassion!

As a person who is just starting to drink his 5th K&K I can say that I am in awe of you guys. I realise that HB is a slippery slope and you can go from 'It will be a bit of fun' to 'Efficiencies and Stainless Steel' in a blink of an eye. I always try to read the posts from partial/AG's and glean any info I can (hop profiles etc) that may be relevant to K&K. I also see how it could be frustrating to have 3 newbies everyday coming on to the site and say 'My airlock stopped bubbling, is it safe to bottle?'.

Bottom line is this site is an awesome resource. It needs experienced guys as well as newbies. Brewing really is an informal guild/apprenticeship system. Try not to get too down on the newbies and make sure you regularly scoff at the K&K/Partial people. We secretly love a bit of banter and it drives us on to get better!

Here's my under class brewery... What was i thinking? When all I needed was a can opener?

Here's my under class brewery... What was i thinking? When all I needed was a can opener?
What? All you need is a can opener? What the hell am I doing then?

Here's me new brewery.. Stainless steel and all!!!

can-opener.jpg

Ease up, Chap. The hardest digs in that thread came from lurking oldtimers (AG) not k&kers.

I wasn't having a go at K&Kers... well maybe with the can opener but Brad did prove how stupid AGers are IMO...

Love the pic chaps!

What new thread of contention have I missed?

but Brad did prove how stupid AGers are IMO...

Oi I it only took 2 well maybe 5 attempts before I realised you should not run liquid malt extract through the mill....now after changing the gap, I only run dry malt extract through it.. efficiency has gone through the ceiling (Roofs on the outside)

mate you need a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back