The New Home Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed with Ross completely, the urinal is the wonder of the age :super:

Just went through the topic from start to finish!
Ken, what an absolutely awesome bar! You have inspired me to build my own... Just need to save up for a house deposit and I'll be one step closer. :blink:

Thanks Andrewl...

When it is done i will try and get up your way for a drink or 2.

Too Easy - just let em know and it will be open...

I with AndrewL on this one, thats an awesome bar and the best reason I have ever seen to stay in one spot and fork out for a house. A brew room I was looking at on here last night inspired the same feelings.....Which bank should I rob....I mean apply for a mortgage from.... is the only question...

All banks are blood sucking parasites.Good luck with the house mortgage to house the bar. ;)

great bars guys, Mine is going up at the moment I thought I would shed some new light on this post. Look for pics when I learn hoe to post them.

great bars guys, Mine is going up at the moment I thought I would shed some new light on this post. Look for pics when I learn hoe to post them.

Mate - stay away from them hoe's - nothing but trouble! :ph34r:

Cheers -Miek

Ok Here it is. not quite finished yet.
:beerbang:
:p

Bar_025.jpg

Bar_026.jpg

Just in case you missed it, :p here's mine
IMGP0341.JPG
IMGP0342.JPG
IMGP0343.JPG

Bottles at the moment kegs in the near future. The bar has been designed to fit the keg fridge behind it and poor strait over the sink.

Really taking shape Macka - top work :super:

Cheers Ross

Very nice :super: love all that timber, mine is brick and granite and metal, which about to get a 'flogging' today with the case swap here :party: .

Made an addition to the bar.

Finally installed the spilt system air conditioner in the fermentation/cellar room.
Dialed up 18C and it is in auto and keeps the room at 18 +- 2c all year.

Mounted the other part on the shed roof.

Here are the pics.
aircon.JPG
on_roof.JPG

I have been thinking about doing just that, using a low end inverter air cond to keep the brewery cool/warm during the appropriate times of year. They seem to be getting more efficient and cheaper by the month!

I actually saw something on pay TV (weather channel?) that had a graph showing that they are actually the most efficient form of heating a room! Said nothing about cooling though :angry:

GMK.....How big is the area you are heating/cooling and how powerful is the split system?

it is a 1.5hp unit - this cost 50.00 more than the 1.25hp unit.
it is a Fugitsu and it cost 1099.00 plus installation with Fujitsu giving me 250.00 cash back.

The fermentation room is 3m x 1.5m.
The bar is 3m x 4.5m.

So - with the cellar door open - it heats/cools an area 3m x 6m = 18m2
Works really well and extremely quiet.

Back