The New Home Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
top stuff ken.is the lean on bar seats underneath for small people.
also noticed the 3rd tap from the left is pouring invisible beer.can i have the recipe as i reckon it will be the rage as wifeys will not know we are drinking.they will just think stupid hubby walking around with an empty glass.

cheer
big d :ph34r:

gmk,gotta get me one of those barbells, then i can tell the missus "yeah just going down to shed/brew room to work out" :p cheers spog...

big d said:
top stuff ken.is the lean on bar seats underneath for small people.
also noticed the 3rd tap from the left is pouring invisible beer.can i have the recipe as i reckon it will be the rage as wifeys will not know we are drinking.they will just think stupid hubby walking around with an empty glass.

cheer
big d :ph34r:
[post="109773"][/post]​

:lol: :lol:

Looks great Ken
I hope your not going to ring that bell everytime before you speak,it'll wear out in no time !! :lol:

Batz

GMK - one of the bar mats (on the bar) is Boddingtons!
Cheers
Steve

Yep - on the new shelf are:

Little Creatures and Guiness.
On the Bar top is Bodingtons with a JS Pilsner underneath.

peas_and_korn said:
Looks nice!

Man, I'd love to make a bar like that!

First step- buy house.
[post="109905"][/post]​

I'm that far. Next step convince missus bottom room should be a bar and not a dining room. Or...

Build a shed :beer:

OK - next bar installment...

My FIL is up at the moment - so did some bar additions :super:

First Off in the Cellar/fermentation Room.
Added some drawers - he is making the false front for the drawers - but they will come later.
newdrawers.JPG

Above is the new shelf cupboards - just the right size to store my stubbies in.
Just need to fill it up with the stubbies from under the verandah
shelfcupboards.JPG

Then we added a ceiling cupboard on the other wall.
top_cupboard1.JPG
topcupboard2.JPG

Next post will be of the bar...

Here is what we did in the Bar.

Added a small shelf above on the wall by the door.
new_shelf.JPG

This is what is above the font Now...
barshelf.JPG
Still need to get one more Wine Glass Rack to fit.
The shelf is molded around the green spirit bottle.

this is the pic from the other side
above_font.JPG

Here is the shelf above the Nook - he made it to fit the Guiness Light that i have to get wired in...
nookshelf1.JPG

Still stuff to do...

And my 2 door display fridge looks like it has a gas leak :angry: and needs to be fixed - dam - anyone know a good cheap fridgie in Adelaide?

But it is slowly getting there.

very cool GMK!!!. I love the coopers taps

Met Ken yesterday and sampled all 6 beers on tap. Ken and his father-in-law are doing a great job on the bar. Ken also helped me out with my mash tun setup which was really appreciated.

Ken, will take you up on the BBC offer but probably in May. Thanks again :D

GMK said:
Here is what we did in the Bar.

Added a small shelf above on the wall by the door.
View attachment 6180

This is what is above the font Now...
View attachment 6181
Still need to get one more Wine Glass Rack to fit.
The shelf is molded around the green spirit bottle.

this is the pic from the other side
View attachment 6182

Here is the shelf above the Nook - he made it to fit the Guiness Light that i have to get wired in...
View attachment 6183

But it is slowly getting there.
[post="112641"][/post]​

Bump : When I was building my new bar I used the photos from Kens, Ross, and delboy bars for inspiration, I saved all those photos and then put my own slant on them and as it turned out nothing like theirs.
Thanks for ideas Guys :) I did not know where and how to start if not for shots like those.

Thanks Bindi

my shed bar can't compare but I thought I would stick a picy on, Iv'e added one of the gent's too.

POPPY_S_BAR.jpg

THE_GENTS.jpg

Very nice :D Also do you put any Trough lollies in the VB dispenser? :) I can't stop laughing, love that gents.

You under estimate yourself Stevenali - That's a fabulous bar & the urinal is an absolute classic :D

Cheers Ross

That is a sweet looking bar, love the sign out the font.. and the toilet is fantastic!

This is another reason why you wouldn't go out. Very nice. It's a bummer someone did the VB joke before I did ;)

Back