The New Home Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is a 1.5hp unit - this cost 50.00 more than the 1.25hp unit.
it is a Fugitsu and it cost 1099.00 plus installation with Fujitsu giving me 250.00 cash back.

The fermentation room is 3m x 1.5m.
The bar is 3m x 4.5m.

So - with the cellar door open - it heats/cools an area 3m x 6m = 18m2
Works really well and extremely quiet.

Maybe I should come back for a visit in summer Kenny. How did that brew turn out by the way?

I actually saw something on pay TV (weather channel?) that had a graph showing that they are actually the most efficient form of heating a room! Said nothing about cooling though :angry:

Yes this is quite true, I was surprised when hearing about it too. Read it on "choice" or something, about different heating methods.

Thing to be midful of is heating/cooling to much above/below ambient temps. Cooling to 18 on a stinker of a day will use more power than cooling to 23-25.

May use less power overall by employing a fridge?

The Wiezenbock turned out really well.
I am about to keg/bottle the Kolsch

Isnt having that A/C running 24/7 a horrendous luxury and general waste of energy?

it is a 1.5hp unit - this cost 50.00 more than the 1.25hp unit.
it is a Fugitsu and it cost 1099.00 plus installation with Fujitsu giving me 250.00 cash back.

The fermentation room is 3m x 1.5m.
The bar is 3m x 4.5m.

So - with the cellar door open - it heats/cools an area 3m x 6m = 18m2
Works really well and extremely quiet.

Ouch a slight bit of overkill and misapplication there.

"forgive them for the know not what the do" <_<

It is the most energy efficient.
When it is on - it just ticks over using very little power.
Very economical - only ramps up the heating cooling as needed - no massive turn on current etc. just ramps up as needed.

That is exactly what makes inverter type split systems so efficient, the system monitors its heating/cooling requirement and adjusts its power consumption to closely match that requirement.

Some fantastic bars there guys :) Very impressive!

Latest posts

Back