The Great Chilli Seed Swap of 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry i trashed your thread Nev. It was through ignorance rather than animosity if that helps. :huh:

Bloody confusing this thread
I have Poblano , Jalapeno, orange habanero, hopefully some more scotchbonnet soon

sinkas said:
Bloody confusing this thread
I have Poblano , Jalapeno, orange habanero, hopefully some more scotchbonnet soon
Would be interested in the Scotch Bonnet :)

Only one I have you don't would be Ricoto or Pequin

Ricoto is a very interesting chilli

sliced-rocoto-chilli-frank-yuwono.jpg

sure stux, ha[[y to swap, you want some of the others too?

I have no plants but would happily trade a longneck with someone for something that is easy to grow and has some heat and flavour.

I've got some Bhut Jolokia seeds (Ghost Chilli's). Nice flavour, hot as hell. Not an exaggeration, they're bloody hot.

If you wanna trade shoot me a PM, wouldn't mind some Poblano's or Habanero's... :icon_drool2:

If that's a response to me I can only trade beer at this point unless my neighbour gives me some chillis ( a distinct possibility). I'll see what he has.

Manticle- No it was just a generic post, but I'll shoot you some seeds for one of your finest, no problems.

As SWMBO has pointed out to me :wub: if anyone's after generic seeds don't forget places like Bunnings They have some mixed packs cheap.

QldKev said:
As SWMBO has pointed out to me :wub: if anyone's after generic seeds don't forget places like Bunnings They have some mixed packs cheap.
I 'know' some people that go to bunnings and look at their chilli plants for sale and some how, god knows how, a chilli will fall off the plant and into their pocket,..... instant seed bank.

Cube said:
I 'know' some people that go to bunnings and look at their chilli plants for sale and some how, god knows how, a chilli will fall off the plant and into their pocket,..... instant seed bank.
haha. i to' know' someone who got an instant jalapeno seed bank from bunnings

this bloke is where i get mine....he has a good "road test" vid for each chilli.

www.thehippyseedcompany.com

Mmmnn, Chilli!! Great idea to have a seed swap.

Better get in quick - this season is fast drawing to a close - if you germinate the seeds now, you may have a chance of getting a harvest before the colder weather sets in. Otherwise, the next season is only a short 6 months away!

I have 50-60 varieties growing, but becuase they're all growing in the same area, the next generation of seeds will likely all be hybrids - this has certainly been the case in the past. It's cool to grow a new variety, but it's also annoying to get a completely different chilli plant from the one the seeds were harvest from. As such, I don't think my seeds will be much value.

I've great success with the giant jalapeno chilli pods you can get from Woolies or Coles - these germinate very quickly and grow massive pods.

would anyone consider swapping a small birdseye chilli plant with any of the seeds mentioned. Would like something very hot . Am in Melbourne and could drop it off. Few chillis just starting to develop now.

I have nothing to swap (apart from a beer or two), but would love some poblano, jalapeno and habanero.

is anyone in thir thread willing to part with some Poblano seeds? I dont really have anything to swap for it, only other plant I have is Jalapeno. Am looking for Poblanos as my wife is a wuss and doesnt like spicy chilli... I am happy to send an envelope, send some cash to paypal or similar to cover costs or pick up if in Perth (can bring beer). Thanks in advance anyone :)

hey marky moos,
sedn me your adress and I willl send some, im near freo, but its easier to just post

Hey Tynian

Posted to you today (cheers for the self addressed envelope):

Long red and Habanaro as requested.... also two samples of powder. A mix of yellow super hots ie yellow 7 pot, devils tongues and congos ground together and also some barrackpore 7 pot powder.... lick and stick your finger in the powder and taste. Very nice. Good on pizzas. With no oven. Cooks with the powder on it :ph34r:

I've still got 2 envelopes left if anyone wants some Rainbow chilli seeds. Please msg if you want some.

QldKev

Back