The Great Chilli Seed Swap of 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone want some Jalapeno seeds let me know quick.

I'm at work and was handing them out here to some chilli heads.
I can make use of the corporate envelopes and postage so it's not going to cost me anything.

They may be a little bastardised as the plant was sitting next to an Orange Habanero and some Long Thai's.

PM me.

Happy to take anything (or nothing) in return. I just like spreading the love. B)

Great thread!

I have some jalepeno plants, was about to harvest some seed this weekend. Anyone want some, PM me your address, they'll be about a week away. All grown in their own area, so no cross pollination with other chillis.

Am on the lookout for a certain type of chilli, but can't remember the name. Will post when I remember it...

I have Habanero and Malagueta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malagueta_pepper) seeds.

The Malaguetas are delicious. A little (only just) less heat than a birds eye and great red chilli flavour. They are about as hot as I can stand being coarsely chopped and mixed through pastas etc.

I'm keen for Jalapeños and even some normal red ones. I sent stienberg a PM re the Jalapenos so we'll see what happens there.

chillis.jpg

I'd like some Holland Reds if anyone has them? As mentioned, I have some jalepenos if anyone needs them...

i love hitting subway, and you get to the salad section and you go and 'jalepenos thanks', the kid looks up(they always do) at you for reassurance, ive got a big smile on my face...yep mate get it on there...best part of the roll i reckon, especially on the pizza sub. thanks kaiser looking forward to some seeds.

dougsbrew said:
i love hitting subway, and you get to the salad section and you go and 'jalepenos thanks', the kid looks up(they always do) at you for reassurance, ive got a big smile on my face...yep mate get it on there...best part of the roll i reckon, especially on the pizza sub. thanks kaiser looking forward to some seeds.

If you like that you should do some ABT's. Have a google search for recipes, they are a BBQ crowd pleasing hit. Most people will eat them including most kids.

I have some Naga Dorset ready to send out. Would be happy to have some jalepneos or other medium/light chillis good for eating to grow next spring?

Happy also to send seeds out for gifts.

I realise that I'm probably way too late for this, but what the hell...

I'm after a good perennial chilli plant - something like habaneros or scotch bonnets.

I don't have a lot to trade at the moment, so I'd be happy to throw a few bob your way instead. Drop me a PM if you think you have any seeds I'd be interested in.

Coles recentley had some good chilli selections including habaneros that you could grab some seeds from.
Bit hit and miss though as one week they looked like perfect habs and next week they were like some hybrid monster.
I saved some seeds from a few jalapenos so will see how they go in spring.

Samuel Adams said:
Coles recentley had some good chilli selections including habaneros that you could grab some seeds from.
Bit hit and miss though as one week they looked like perfect habs and next week they were like some hybrid monster.
I saved some seeds from a few jalapenos so will see how they go in spring.
I'm hearing you the week they where in the cattledog for $10kg I called every coles within cooee. All stated they couldn't get them.
1 week later walking through a store and they had what was called habs for $15kg.
Having my own hab plants I can clearly state they nor looked or tasted anywhere near a hab.

Unfortunately thanks to this thread I only have enough seeds from this years crop left for personal use sorry.

So.. I wanna get a whole different heap of chillies ... no I haven't got much to offer but I have so far

16 packets of seeds with approx 20 seeds in each .. would love to swap for other varieties PM me.. I would love to get some more variants to plant before spring really hits

Grainer

Latest posts

Back