The Grand Deluxe is coming

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seato

Reaction score
I've been waiting patiently for the keg king Grand Deluxe to arrive. As well as my new fridge I have got a new font, Andale Carlton, with DA taps. I'm getting a bit excited as its meant to be here in Friday.

Here is some photos of the font and taps assembled ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1416033611.059822.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1416033629.983465.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1416033648.266979.jpg

Are you checking to see the best spot to mount it? Looking good so far.
No need to get up from the couch.

I got have one of the full stainless ones. To get it inside I had to take my back door off and remove the frame. I'm planning on 8 taps (just ordered stainless flow control perlicks) with a flanged font which I am going to have a go at building.

Get ready for a long wait. Been waiting for over a year for Series 4 keg fridge and then Grand Deluxe. Gave up and moving on.

It's coming this week. I'll put up some photos when I get it

If I had room, I would run one, 4 tap font exactly same as Seato.

God speed mate.

Please post pics and report when the bad boy is in house.

:super:

Ok, grand deluxe arrived today so have started assembly. Gas manifold not installed yet but andale font is looking great.

These fridges are pre drilled and king fonts would be easier to fit. I had to get stainless plates machined to make it work. Big thanks to my brother in law Travis.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1416555804.393787.jpg

Reply Speisy? For 1/8 of the price you could fit out a chesty.

Pratty1 said:
Or you could embrace the awesome and get one of these. This has been a huge upgrade for the brewery and you can't deny it does look professional.

Don't hate the player

Pratty1 said:
Probably not 1/8th price for me, mate (I buy wholesale), and I rarely do things by the half measure.

Nice looking kegerator, stainless throughout and with an Italian compressor.

Seato said:
Ok, grand deluxe arrived today so have started assembly. Gas manifold not installed yet but andale font is looking great.

These fridges are pre drilled and king fonts would be easier to fit. I had to get stainless plates machined to make it work.
Can you please elaborate here, mate?

Ok, when I first saw this photo, I had already bought the Carlton font.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1416599885.303112.jpg
The issue is the threaded shank on the font is 41.4mm, the flared chromed Bottom of the font is 76mm. I couldn't tell how big the hole was from the photo but worked out that the four attachment holes were 110mm apart and this meant the bottom of the font would only just grab the edges maybe and I was going to have these for holes on my new fridge that I didn't want exposed.

Asked my brother in law if he could possibly make me som stainless plates that were 120mm OD and 43mm ID and left the thickness up to him. He really came through for me and made these.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1416600392.552483.jpg
They ended up being 6mm thick.

Anyway, when the Grand Deluxe came, I just ran a bead of silicon around the holes and put the plate down over the top, the second went underneath in the fridge and it looks like it was meant to be.

Or, you could buy the keg king font which is definitely cheaper but not as good quality as Andale's gear. I'll leave that up to you.

MisterWilson said:
What sort of warranty do KK give on that bad boy Seato?
I believe it's 12 months, I will have to ring them, it's not very clear on the paperwork.

Spiesy said:
Nice looking kegerator, stainless throughout and with an Italian compressor.
you'll have do all your drinking before before 12pm because that compressor wont work after lunch

Latest posts

Back