The Fat Yak Glass At my local

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBigD

Reaction score
I usually take the family down to Taren point pub on a Friday for a bistro meal and I usually have a couple of Fat Yaks whilst I'm there, I always ask for a schooner they always seem to go for one of there Fat Yak branded glasses which suspiciously look smaller than the bog standard schooner glass.
Now in the past they've usually granted my request upon protest by serving it to me in a schooner glass but last time the young lass denied me. I was a bit tired and cranky at the time from a hard day so thought it was wise not to argue as it may have escalated.

Now my question is, are these glasses in fact smaller? and if so are there any laws or requirements for serving sizes from beer taps in NSW?

look on the bottom of the glass, the volume will be imprinted or etched onto it.

i remember noting that tehy looked smaller, but from memory they were 425.

but as with all things, the answer is found at the bottom of a beer glass.

Im sure I looked on the bottom and couldn't see anything, didn't look real hard though ill check again on friday

If they are the same style as what is sold in the gift packs then they are 330ml.....designed to accommodate the bottles of the same volume???

1437026097542.jpg

The Fat Yak glasses i got from a pub promotional in Adelaide are imperial pints. They were the same as what they were using at the bar.

BottloBill said:
If they are the same style as what is sold in the gift packs then they are 330ml.....designed to accommodate the bottles of the same volume???
yep that's what it looks like

Latest posts

Back