The Cat's Out Of The Bag...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the very best Andrew... Look forward to hearing of your successes & the sister micro opening in Brizzy ;) .... well one day, hey....

Great stuff Andrew hope it all goes well, if I make it to that side of the country I will be sure to pop in for a drink or 3 :beer:

I will be standing by to help out when you expand into the west. :p

Andrew,

When will you be ready for recipe suggestions ? :lol:
Arrogant ******* clones, Imperial Vanilla Bourbon Porters, Imperial Pilsners .......... :lol:

Doc

i saw a recipe for a spruce beere as brewed by Captain Cook on the Endeavour - .....

...As u r the "Endeavour Brewing Company" brewing a batch of this might be quite appropriate....

:super:

Andrew,

best of luck mate. You are realising a dream that many people on this forum harbour, so it's great to see someone with quality craftbrewing ideals force them on to the general populace! I'm sure it will be a success and hope the Council give you next to no trouble in your applications. Personally, I'm looking foward to telling all my friends...."this guy I know - he owns a brewery!" :p .

I hope all card carrying AHB members can pop buy and get a free bucket of yeast on brewdays! :D

All the best - look forward to sampling some product in the future.

Cheers - Snow

GMK said:
F) I'm EXITED!!!!

So you've been "outed" have you Kenny? ;)

Andrew,

This is exciting news and I wish you every success. I've spent a fair of time around the area in my time and think a micro would be the perfect reason to revisit more often. Not only that, SA has a serious shortage of quality micros :(

While I'm sure the selection will be first rate, unfortunately, some micros have a habit of dulling their beers down so as not to scare off the general population with things they're not used to (flavour, character, freshness) but we as homebrewers have come to expect.

Let us all hope your venture is viable enough for you to have a couple of "special" brews available. The type that may have the megaswillers backing away from the bar in fear but will have the homebrewing fraternity climbing over whoever is in their way to get a taste. :party:

Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to checking it out.

All the best,
Steve

SteveSA said:
a micro would be the perfect reason to revisit more often.
I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Once it is up an running it sounds the perfect excuse for a few Adelaide all grainers to flocculate together, hiring a mini bus to get there of course :beer:

Looking forward to the day, may it be soon in coming

Once again, thank you for your support and encouragemen!

Boots, I think the 'mystery brewer' has his hands so full at the moment he can't spare one to wave in the air...

Doc, recipes are the fun part, its what we have been working on while the paperwork does its thing. The aim is for 4 beers for the Steam Exchange image as the mainstay of the range, possibly based on a Kolsche style, Pale Ale, a Dark'ish Ale (Hobgoblin meets Old Peculiar), through to a porter, with specialty/festival/seasonal beers as needed.
And under the Encounter Bay logo, something for the surfies in summer after a long day at the beach. That's the theory anyway...

Steve, its the fine line, eh? To be bland enough to be commercially viable yet please us lot with more developed palettes is the tricky bit.
Rest assured the brewer won't be excessively pressurised by the bean-counter.nIt's important to be able to be proud of what you produce. Rest assured I'm sure we will cop it in the neck here if we appear to stray too far the other way!

Snow, the council has been brilliant. They are 100% behind us, could not ask for better. They really want to see the Wharf area develop into something special. The council has bent over backwards to help us so far, its the state level red tape that makes life 'interesting'.

Wee Stu, a Mini-bus of home-brewers pulling up at the doorstep? Now that's just plain scary!

Cheers!

Next to the shed there was a large unloading platform , once it had a crane on it , that would make a great outside area , bit of shade perhaps

Batz

Goat said:
Great stuff - good luck with it Andrew. And yes - keep us posted on the your progress....

( can Dane set up a Blog & Webcam for it on AHB ? )
[post="45228"][/post]​

I'd be happy to look at making a AHB section where people could document projects. There are blogging that intergrate pretty well into the forum software.

Andrew if you are interested, we could do a AHB Case Study Project, where you have access to post pics, info, updates etc and everyone can follow along.

Let me know if you are interested.

any guesses on who the mystery brewer will be.
bb
pedro
wortpig
goliath dave

mmmmmm i wonder.

jayse maybe

cheers
big d

jayse maybe

Not yet I think

but

Watch this space

Batz :beer:

big d said:
any guesses on who the mystery brewer will be.
bb
pedro
wortpig
goliath dave

mmmmmm i wonder.

jayse maybe

It ain't Pedro, trust me :(

Congrats Andrew on the set up...jealous as!!

Can I put $20 on the other piece of brew gear as the brewer.....chiller?!? :chug:

Who's the mystery brewer?

I think I have the answer, and although I know we tend to avoid cross words here, I'd hate to leave you all clueless, hence:

Harold's merit is initially challenged, finally - preceding a typical police, man!

SteveSA said:
Stu that's obscure even for a scotsman
[post="45535"][/post]​

I think cryptic is the word :)
and even if you work out my answer - I could still be wrong :lol:

Good one Stu!

Dane, thanks for the offer - very generous of you and typical of the camaraderie on this site. I know I have it on in the background whenever I am in my office.

Soon, we'll have our own website up and running which will detail the whole construction process, as well as an e-zine, supportes club, specials etc. The site will grow as we do.

On another interesting note, looking at the local council's meeting agenda posted on their website, it appears a chocolate factory may also be another business setting up close by in the wharf precinct.
My two major weaknesses....beer and chocolate.
One double-choc stout coming right up!

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back