The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry too much real_beer, 180 will get shipped at the same time as 1 :)

Ferg - I'll see if I can grab some pics when I get home tonight.

Mardoo - laser cutter at work :)

Ok, here are some pics as promised:

Boxes, Boxes, Boxes!
KitsforPacking09.jpg

KitsforPacking08.jpg

Heatsinks:
KitsforPacking04.jpg

Screws:
KitsforPacking02.jpg

Power Supply, SSRs & Temp probe:
KitsforPacking01.jpg

Brauduino PCB: :
KitsforPacking06.jpg

Buttons, button cables, thermal paste, buzzer etc:
KitsforPacking07.jpg

Boxes of Arduino Megas:
KitsforPacking03.jpg

Aus Post Express Bags... just waiting for use!
KitsforPacking05.jpg

Everything is looking great! - fascias are not done, but templates are mostly set up and cutting well. I'll be able to get them finished tomorrow night and I'm organising to get some kits to a couple of wiring gurus asap to show how they might approach it - plan is to make a video with them that you can watch and then decide (with approval from /with your electrician) how you want to wire yours.

lael said:
Ok, here are some pics as promised:

Boxes, Boxes, Boxes!
attachicon.gif
KitsforPacking09.jpg

attachicon.gif
KitsforPacking08.jpg

Heatsinks:
attachicon.gif
KitsforPacking04.jpg

Screws:
attachicon.gif
KitsforPacking02.jpg

Power Supply, SSRs & Temp probe:
attachicon.gif
KitsforPacking01.jpg

Brauduino PCB: :
attachicon.gif
KitsforPacking06.jpg

Buttons, button cables, thermal paste, buzzer etc:
attachicon.gif
KitsforPacking07.jpg

Boxes of Arduino Megas:
attachicon.gif
KitsforPacking03.jpg

Aus Post Express Bags... just waiting for use!
attachicon.gif
KitsforPacking05.jpg

Everything is looking great! - fascias are not done, but templates are mostly set up and cutting well. I'll be able to get them finished tomorrow night and I'm organising to get some kits to a couple of wiring gurus asap to show how they might approach it - plan is to make a video with them that you can watch and then decide (with approval from /with your electrician) how you want to wire yours.
I just soild my self....... and it felt gooooooood :p

Nice work. One quick query, how will you handle any doa boards? (or are you doing a a quick power on test before sending?)

While it's unlikely, I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one board with issues in a decent sized batch like that.

Yeah, it's really great to see it all come together! Keen to get them in people's hands though!

DOA boards is a good question. The PCB supplier has tested them all and had a number of defective ones that were then fixed / replaced.

They've done a full test (that I designed for them to test all functions) on each one. When I got them I pulled 10% of them at random and tested them. All perfect. If any of them had been faulty I would have tested another 10%.

If there are any issues, I'll deal with it case by case.

Thanks Mardoo, that's very kind.

I realised when thinking about it this morning - I'm not sure if I've made clear that the fascia is plastic, not aluminium. It has a brushed aluminium look - but is shiny plastic. It goes on the inside of the box, so should be well protected and durable.

real_beer said:
You wouldn't be allowed to travel the wrong way on a one way bridge I'm afraid bungelbear.
oh don't be like that real_beer, can't we all just be friends :lol: :chug: ;)

lael said:
Thanks Mardoo, that's very kind.

I realised when thinking about it this morning - I'm not sure if I've made clear that the fascia is plastic, not aluminium. It has a brushed aluminium look - but is shiny plastic. It goes on the inside of the box, so should be well protected and durable.
I'm actually serious. Being able to negotiate the hurdles and tolerate all the issues that arise, as well as having developed a familiarity with the playing field, are skills one could turn into a profession. Granted learning Mandarin would be par for the course, but hey, you could order off the real menu in Chinese restaurants. Except of course the Cantonese ones...

Funny, I had a similar thought when I picked up the pallet of boxes and heatsinks. Almost didn't fit in the car. Will take a few trips for the post office I think!

real_beer said:
I'd love too see a picture of the Post Office people's jaws dropping when you turn up :lol:

Great work mate :beer:

lael said:
Funny, I had a similar thought when I picked up the pallet of boxes and heatsinks. Almost didn't fit in the car. Will take a few trips for the post office I think!
Have trailer with cage will help.

Kingy said:
This is all making me wish I never pulled out of this a few months ago now. [emoji30] must try to refrain from looking at this thread.
I pulled out late last year when I lost my mojo. After I picked myself up again I emailed lael and jumped back onboard. Even at the new prices for the next run it is still hundreds of dollars cheaper than any other COMPLETE CONTROLLER KIT available atm, so jump back in and give the payment details to a loved one who's trying to decide what to get you for Christmas :lol:.

Latest posts

Back