The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Lael,

I can't recall where to find your bank details.

Is it safe to post a link on here to find the banking details?

Also, did the original price of the kit include one temp probe?

So if I have asked for one spare (so the kit will come with two probes) am i paying you an extra $22? or is it $44 for the two probes total? or did I just confuse everyone?

LC

LiquidCurrency said:
Hi Lael,

I can't recall where to find your bank details.

Is it safe to post a link on here to find the banking details?

Also, did the original price of the kit include one temp probe?

So if I have asked for one spare (so the kit will come with two probes) am i paying you an extra $22? or is it $44 for the two probes total? or did I just confuse everyone?

LC
Hi Liquid,

I can't post the link in a public forum really - I can PM you. You might find that the details are saved in your online banking from the first transfer?

Thanks for asking the question - it is a good one to clarify! One probe is included in the cost of the kit. Spares are an extra $22ea.

Cheers,

Lael

Hi lael. Any idea on postage costs to UK yet? Also could you pm me payment details please. PayPal preferred.

Hi lael. Any idea on postage costs to UK yet? Also could you pm me payment details please. PayPal preferred.

Is the controller swappable?

I am thinking of a braumajor and brauminor. One based on a 30L urn, one based on a 80L pot.
If i installed a pump, probe and correct element connections on each unit.....Could I do a big brew one day, and a smaller one another? Or does the pid need adjusting for each system?

Topher said:
I am thinking of a braumajor and brauminor. One based on a 30L urn, one based on a 80L pot.
When I build my system I want to be able to do multiple batch sizes too, but I was just thinking I'd have a few different sized malt pipes that could all go in the 80L pot.
I know that too much head space can make the boil difficult but it's not like a system designed to boil 65L+ is going to be underpowered to boil 20L is it?

From my understanding and reading about pids though, the answer to your question is that it would be easily swappable without adjusting and pids don't care what they are connected to as long as the thing they power affects the thing they are measuring.

Topher said:
Is the controller swappable?

If i installed a pump, probe and correct element connections on each unit.....Could I do a big brew one day, and a smaller one another? Or does the pid need adjusting for each system?
Hi Topher,

short answer - yes: all connections are plug and socket.

longer answer: If they are separate machines, you will need to either - use normal electrical plugs on each machine (heat and pump element) and then use an extension lead that plugs into the power-out on the box. OR, buy extra power connectors so that you have them in both machines. You will need a separate temp probe in each machine (well, you could change it each time.. but you don't want to).

edit: for the PID question - technically yes, practically prob not. I use the same settings on my machine when I do 20L or 80L batches.

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has ordered and paid for their kit and spare probes!

If you are not on the list and would like a kit, PM me.

If you need to pull out of the buy, please PM me and let me know so I can open up the spot for others.

News:
- PCB fab house is in production. Testing of the boards should take place soon.
- Heatsink is in production. About a month to get the mould made and the heatsinks.
- Temp probes are in production. Estimated completion (not shipped): 3rd July.

- You might notice the list has grown. Lots of people have asked for kits and it isn't that hard to order more parts, so if you want one - get in touch quickly so I can add you into the buy.

Parts Received so far: buttons, stainless screws, nuts, nylon standoffs, buzzers, thermal paste, SSRs, Arduino Megas, Custom cables, Custom LEDs, Power connectors.

The list below indicates what I have received. Please don't edit this list as it contains payment information. If you have paid and it is not indicated on the list, wait a few days. I will try to update it regularly. Thanks Everyone!

1. Fatamorgana - paid
2. natdene - paid
3. Belter - paid
4. gap - paid
5. kingy - paid
6. barneey - paid
7. ArnieW - paid
8. The Judge - paid
9. bowhunterslodge x1 - paid
10. tateg - paid
11. LiquidCurrency - paid
12. rafinus - paid
13. crazyhorse - paid
14. marksy (x 2) - paid
15. JB - paid
16. Oggie - paid
17. Masters Brewery - paid
18. Cervantes -paid
19.brewart - paid
20. sipahono -paid
21. BobCharlie - paid
22. jubilakka - paid
23. CoxR - paid
24. Capnk - paid
25. breakbeer - paid
26. Oneeye - paid
27. screamadelica - paid
29. Screamadelica - paid
30. Neo04 - paid
31. claypot - paid
32. Jase - paid
33. Marc2800 -2nd - paid
34. lynchman x 2 - paid
35. Bigbern - paid
36. the boy from tas - paid
37. stux - paid
38. Shaunous - paid
39. jonasbegood - paid
40. vooharmy - paid
41. Tassiehopper - paid
42.buggybouy - paid
43. Misterwilson - paid
44.matteus - paid
45. parktho - paid
46. MrDave - paid
47. jabbos - paid
48. 9finger - paid
49. tommy160 - paid
50. bigmacthepunker - paid
51. nainsook - paid
52. BazzaB - paid
53. zwitter - paid
54. glen - paid
55. kiwisika - paid
56. sluggerdog - paid
57. smokomark - paid
58. SBOB - paid
59. Marc280 - paid
60. Dug - paid
61. Siege - paid
62. Malty Cultural - paid
63.ferg - paid
64. camelbak28 - paid
65. 620rossco - paid
66. Nick R - paid
67. bowhunterslodge x2 - paid
68. Seemore - paid
69. Eucyblues - paid
70. Wort - paid
71.Mar5T - paid
72. Rambo - paid
73. lynchman x3 - paid
74. LarsjohanS - paid
75. fortmonty - paid
76. zappa - paid
77. Pugwash - paid
78. noodslane - paid
79. Syd - paid
80. Mardoo - paid -2 spare probes paid
81. BlueMutt - paid
82. Wapehawi - paid
83. AndrewF - paid
84. northernbrewer - paid - 2 spare probes paid
85. ramugupta - paid
86.niftinev - paid
87. bungelbear - paid
88. Drunk Az - paid
89. freelander2002 (x2) - paid
91. Guysmiley54 - paid
92. Crozdog - paid
93. conjob - paid
94. Chris_O - paid
95. Brendrage - paid
96. Guidos - paid
97. madhomebrewer - paid
98. CoW77 - paid
99. MarketLane - paid
100. mojonojo (parts) - paid
101. Steward - paid , 2 spare probes paid
102. Reckless - paid
103. redlegger - paid
104. Dr Rummy - paid
105. bruiserbbq - paid
106. minikeg - paid
107. CCRacer - paid

Details about this kit if you want to know more:
Hi Everyone,

The costing came out to $245AUD per kit + $15 postage (AusPost express) once all the parts and exchange rates are accounted for.

If you are outside Aus, the kit is around 1.6kg, which means that the calculation needs to be for 1.5-2kg to allow for packaging (appx 150/200gr I think). If you are international, the price is $260+Intl postage+$5 for packaging materials the extra is to cover the Paypal fees). Go to: http://auspost.com.a...calculator.html and select Overseas (parcels) and check out weights. Generally better value can be had by combining weight - eg: 2 kits =3-3.5kg and usually makes shipping cost per kit half.

I've put together a quick (actually, it is 30mins...) video showing what is included and how it all goes together so if you are trying to figure out what is included and how difficult / easy it is, give it a watch. It is so beautifully simple to put together.
Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdKQ31dLl28

If you are ready to pay - the information you need is here:
https://docs.google....?usp=send_form�

Based on the first survey I did, I'm looking at getting heating elements and stainless plates to make the build process easier. So there is a quick survey about that. The only question you have to complete is the one saying - Yes I will be responsible for the kit I build, not Lael (basically - you build it, you are responsible for it). Once you submit that, you'll get account details to put the money into, and I can start ordering parts! (I'll actually wait a little until we get enough people paid for this to go ahead). I'll add payment status to the above list once it starts coming in.

A BIG Thank You! to Austin and the Admin crew for giving me supporter status to allow me to handle all the messages coming through. Super appreciated!

Lael

What was the type of power connector again? and can we order spares for the element/pump leads only or are they easily found to buy ourselves? I remember reading about them somewhere, but I have no idea where

Cheers again for going through all the work for everyone

Lael,

Sorry, yet another question. Also regarding the power connectors for the elements.

Any chance I can pay you some extra postage & get them sent sooner?

I've got 2 new elements & will need to get them wired up with leads that have these connections at the end.

Cheers man

northernbrewer said:
Lael

What was the type of power connector again? and can we order spares for the element/pump leads only or are they easily found to buy ourselves? I remember reading about them somewhere, but I have no idea where

Cheers again for going through all the work for everyone
Hi northern,

Yep - can do! - PM me and we can talk about it. Essentially they are 'powercon' style connectors. However, the ones I've got are water and dust proof. Neutrik and most imitations are open at the back, which is not really suitable for a brewing environment.

breakbeer said:
Lael,

Sorry, yet another question. Also regarding the power connectors for the elements.

Any chance I can pay you some extra postage & get them sent sooner?

I've got 2 new elements & will need to get them wired up with leads that have these connections at the end.

Cheers man
PM'd you

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has ordered and paid for their kit and spare probes!

If you need to pull out of the buy, please PM me and let me and I will open up the spot for others.

News:
- PCB fab house is in production. Testing of the boards started yesterday - should be completed today / tomorrow.
- Heatsink mould is in production. About a month to get the mould made and the heatsinks extruded.
- Temp probes are in production. Estimated completion (not shipped): 3rd July.

- You might notice the list has grown. Lots of people have asked for kits and it isn't that hard to order more parts, so if you want one - get in touch quickly so I can add you into the buy.

Parts Received so far: buttons, stainless screws, nuts, nylon standoffs, buzzers, thermal paste, SSRs, Arduino Megas, Custom cables, Custom LEDs, Power connectors.

The list below indicates what I have received. Please don't edit this list as it contains payment information. If you have paid and it is not indicated on the list, wait a few days. I will try to update it regularly. Thanks Everyone!

1. Fatamorgana - paid
2. natdene - paid
3. Belter - paid
4. gap - paid
5. kingy - paid
6. barneey - paid
7. ArnieW - paid
8. The Judge - paid
10. tateg - paid
11. LiquidCurrency - paid
12. rafinus - paid
13. crazyhorse - paid
14. marksy (x 2) - paid
15. JB - paid
16. Oggie - paid
18. Cervantes -paid - 1 spare probe - paid
19.brewart - paid
20. sipahono -paid
21. BobCharlie - paid
22. jubilakka - paid
23. CoxR - paid
24. Capnk - paid
25. breakbeer - paid
26. Oneeye - paid
27. screamadelica - paid
29. Screamadelica - paid
30. Neo04 - paid
31. claypot - paid
32. Jase - paid
33. Marc2800 -2nd - paid
34. lynchman x 2 - paid
35. Bigbern - paid
37. stux - paid
38. Shaunous - paid
39. jonasbegood - paid
40. vooharmy - paid
41. Tassiehopper - paid - 1 spare probe paid
42.buggybouy - paid
43. Misterwilson - paid
44.matteus - paid
45. parktho - paid
46. MrDave - paid
47. jabbos - paid
48. 9finger - paid
49. tommy160 - paid
51. nainsook - paid
52. BazzaB - paid
53. zwitter - paid
54. glen - paid
55. kiwisika - paid
56. sluggerdog - paid
57. smokomark - paid
58. SBOB - paid
59. Marc280 - paid
60. Dug - paid
61. Siege - paid
63.ferg - paid
64. camelbak28 - paid
65. 620rossco - paid
66. Nick R - paid
68. Seemore - paid
69. Eucyblues - paid
70. Wort - paid - 2 spare probes paid
71.Mar5T - paid
72. Rambo - paid
73. lynchman x3 - paid
74. LarsjohanS - paid
75. fortmonty - paid
76. zappa - paid
77. Pugwash - paid
78. noodslane - paid
79. Syd - paid
81. BlueMutt - paid
82. Wapehawi - paid
83. AndrewF - paid
85. ramugupta - paid
86.niftinev - paid
87. bungelbear - paid
88. Drunk Az - paid
91. Guysmiley54 - paid
92. Crozdog - paid
93. conjob - paid
94. Chris_O - paid
95. Brendrage - paid
96. Guidos - paid
97. madhomebrewer - paid
98. CoW77 - paid
99. MarketLane - paid
102. Reckless - paid
103. redlegger - paid
104. Dr Rummy - paid
105. bruiserbbq - paid
106. minikeg - paid
107. CCRacer - paid

Hi Everyone,

The costing came out to $245AUD per kit + $15 postage (AusPost express) once all the parts and exchange rates are accounted for.

If you are outside Aus, the kit is around 1.6kg, which means that the calculation needs to be for 1.5-2kg to allow for packaging (appx 150/200gr I think). If you are international, the price is $260+Intl postage+$5 for packaging materials the extra is to cover the Paypal fees). Go to: http://auspost.com.a...calculator.html and select Overseas (parcels) and check out weights. Generally better value can be had by combining weight - eg: 2 kits =3-3.5kg and usually makes shipping cost per kit half.

I've put together a quick (actually, it is 30mins...) video showing what is included and how it all goes together so if you are trying to figure out what is included and how difficult / easy it is, give it a watch. It is so beautifully simple to put together.

Based on the first survey I did, I'm looking at getting heating elements and stainless plates to make the build process easier. So there is a quick survey about that. The only question you have to complete is the one saying - Yes I will be responsible for the kit I build, not Lael (basically - you build it, you are responsible for it). Once you submit that, you'll get account details to put the money into, and I can start ordering parts! (I'll actually wait a little until we get enough people paid for this to go ahead). I'll add payment status to the above list once it starts coming in.

A BIG Thank You! to Austin and the Admin crew for giving me supporter status to allow me to handle all the messages coming through. Super appreciated!

If you need to pull out of the buy, please PM me and let me and I will open up the spot for others.

News:
- PCBs have been completed and are getting shipped - delayed a few days by Dragon Boat festival.
- Heatsinks are in production.
- Temp probes are in production and are on target for completion. Estimated completion (not shipped): 3rd July.

1. Fatamorgana - paid
2. natdene - paid
3. Belter - paid
4. gap - paid
5. hubert hophead - paid
6. barneey - paid
7. ArnieW - paid
8. The Judge - paid
10. tateg - paid
11. LiquidCurrency - paid - 1 spare probe paid
12. rafinus - paid
13. crazyhorse - paid 2 spare probes paid
14. marksy (x 2) - paid
15. JB - paid
16. Oggie - paid
18. Cervantes -paid 1 spare probe paid
19.brewart - paid
20. sipahono -paid
21. BobCharlie - paid
22. jubilakka - paid
23. CoxR - paid
24. Capnk - paid
25. breakbeer - paid
26. Oneeye - paid
27. screamadelica - paid
29. Screamadelica - paid
30. Neo04 - paid
31. claypot - paid
32. Jase - paid
33. Marc2800 -2nd - paid
34. lynchman x 2 - paid
35. Bigbern - paid
37. stux - paid
38. Shaunous - paid
39. jonasbegood - paid
40. vooharmy - paid
41. Tassiehopper - paid 1 spare probe paid
42.buggybouy - paid 1 spare probe paid
43. Misterwilson - paid
44.matteus - paid
45. parktho - paid
46. MrDave - paid
47. jabbos - paid
48. 9finger - paid
49. tommy160 - paid
51. nainsook - paid
52. BazzaB - paid
53. zwitter - paid
54. glen - paid
55. kiwisika - paid
56. sluggerdog - paid
57. smokomark - paid
58. SBOB - paid
59. Marc280 - paid
60. Dug - paid
61. Siege - paid
63.ferg - paid
64. camelbak28 - paid
65. 620rossco - paid
66. Nick R - paid
68. Seemore - paid
69. Eucyblues - paid
70. Wort - paid 2x probes paid
71.Mar5T - paid
72. Rambo - paid
73. lynchman x3 - paid
74. LarsjohanS - paid
75. fortmonty - paid
76. zappa - paid
77. Pugwash - paid
78. noodslane - paid
79. Syd - paid
81. BlueMutt - paid
82. Wapehawi - paid
83. AndrewF - paid - 1 spare probe paid
85. ramugupta - paid
86.niftinev - paid
87. bungelbear - paid
88. Drunk Az - paid
91. Guysmiley54 - paid
92. Crozdog - paid
93. conjob - paid
94. Chris_O - paid
95. Brendrage - paid
96. Guidos - paid
97. madhomebrewer - paid
98. CoW77 - paid
99. MarketLane - paid
102. Reckless - paid
103. redlegger - paid
104. Dr Rummy - paid
105. bruiserbbq - paid
106. minikeg - paid
107. CCRacer - paid
108. Kolodij - paid
109. Grunta - paid

Hi Everyone,

Hi Lael,

I have a 1st generation Brauduino (or maybe second) which was basically setup for a 12 V pump and source your own components for soldering option. I've not used my system a heap due to the family development stage of my life but I can defiantly say it's brilliant when I have. I'm currently using it as a kind of hybrid with BIAB as my top fed LBP shit itself and I haven't found the right balance for re-circulation with a Crown Urn with built in element. If anyone out there has the same type of setup I'd be interested to hear what you have done.

I took the time tonight to view your assembly video for the kit you have made available for sale, and to be honest I'm I'm blown away.... Outstanding!

For anyone out there thinking about taking the controller plunge... Do it! You will not regret it.

Lael I sincerely hope the "Good Karma Train" pay's you a visit along with Matho for the extensive work that has been done with developing "The Brauduino" kit in the past few years.

I know my board has a 240V interference problem that I really CFB trying to sort out, so we I get myself together I'll be dropping in a request for one of your kits

Cheers

Waz

Thanks Waz!
Its been a fun ride - almost there!
If you haven't already, I would recommend you get one of the keg king pumps to drive the unit. QldKev built a top-fed system that you might be interested in taking a look at. 1v recirculating should work for search terms from memory.

Thanks for the kind words :)

Warren Bradford said:
Hi Lael,

I have a 1st generation Brauduino (or maybe second) which was basically setup for a 12 V pump and source your own components for soldering option. I've not used my system a heap due to the family development stage of my life but I can defiantly say it's brilliant when I have. I'm currently using it as a kind of hybrid with BIAB as my top fed LBP shit itself and I haven't found the right balance for re-circulation with a Crown Urn with built in element. If anyone out there has the same type of setup I'd be interested to hear what you have done.

I took the time tonight to view your assembly video for the kit you have made available for sale, and to be honest I'm I'm blown away.... Outstanding!

For anyone out there thinking about taking the controller plunge... Do it! You will not regret it.

Lael I sincerely hope the "Good Karma Train" pay's you a visit along with Matho for the extensive work that has been done with developing "The Brauduino" kit in the past few years.

I know my board has a 240V interference problem that I really CFB trying to sort out, so we I get myself together I'll be dropping in a request for one of your kits

Cheers

Waz

Hi Waz

Excellent feedback!

A couple of points with the "240v interference issue"

The issue is when the pump is switched it can be anywhere in the 240v sine wave and can cause a spark when it switches, this generates EMR electromagnetic radiation that causes spikes in the data lines and scrambled display.

I have done some testing with various pumps including chugger, march etc. the interference usually suffered is scrambling of the LCD. I tried putting ferrite cores on the pump cables and on the power in cable and even capacitors on the 12v. There is also a snubber on the relay output we tried different values.

My conclusions however are much simpler. The way you route the cables inside the enclosure make the biggest improvement. The suggestions are as follows.

Keep the 240v wiring away from the circuit board and any 12v and signal cables.
Make sure the system is grounded to earth.
Keep the cables as short as possible.
Twist together (or plait) cables to minimise the noise.

If your enclosure is metal then it should be grounded.
If safe to do so a metal plate between the 240v side of the box and the low voltage side connected to earth may also help.

The scrambling seems to be only on the 240v pump units not on the 12v. If it really is a problem you can not get rid of then the suggestion is to move the switching for the pump off the main PCB. This could be done by just relocating the relay or better still use the relay to switch 5v and drive an SSR or could remove the relay and use the signal to drive the SSR directly.
I have one of the early boards and have also tested one of the sample boards from the latest production run and if the above is done they can be almost impervious to the LCD scramble issue if the wiring is done as above.

I have also talked with Lael about asking the software team to refresh the LCD after switching the pump or maybe just refresh once a minute or maybe if you use the double button option and it would refresh the LCD. Any of those would at least minimise the impact. The system does actually continue to run even when the LCD is scrambled.

Cheers

James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back