The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys and happy holidays, Santa brought mine a couple of days ago everything looks cool.
Looking forward to wiring it up.

Thanks to Lael and his crew, you can tell that a lot of work was put into this beautiful kit.

Would be interested in a dual ssr solution. Who can point me in the right direction?

nfragol said:
Hi guys and happy holidays, Santa brought mine a couple of days ago everything looks cool.
Looking forward to wiring it up.

Thanks to Lael and his crew, you can tell that a lot of work was put into this beautiful kit.

Would be interested in a dual ssr solution. Who can point me in the right direction?
working on some options at the moment...

I'm meeting up with a friend this week to make a second wiring video - I should be able to post another document showing how I've wired mine when that is complete.

I have used the Christmas period to assemble my unit and modify my urn. I'm all set for sea trials today, minus grain.

I have a couple of questions, which I will probably answer along the way, but will ask anyway. I have a top-down system similar to a grainfather and I typically run the pump constantly throughout the mash. I assume I just set the pump rest to zero?

While I don't run the pump constantly throughout the boil, I like to run it occassionally to sanitise the pump, since I run the wort to my fermenter via the pump. If my "pump during boil" is set to either on or off, can this be overridden using the green button?

While it is tempting to set the boil temp to maximum (105) to ensure the element remains on full power, does this also mean that by never reaching this temperature the brauduino will not recognise that the boil has started, thus throwing out hop times etc?

Thanks in advance for any answers, HUGE thanks to Lael and team and happy new year to all.

As predicted, I answered my own questions along the way:

Malty Cultural said:
...I have a top-down system similar to a grainfather and I typically run the pump constantly throughout the mash. I assume I just set the pump rest to zero? - Yes, that worked nicely.

While I don't run the pump constantly throughout the boil, I like to run it occassionally to sanitise the pump, since I run the wort to my fermenter via the pump. If my "pump during boil" is set to either on or off, can this be overridden using the green button? - Apparently not. I'll just revert to manual mode at the end of the mash.

While it is tempting to set the boil temp to maximum (105) to ensure the element remains on full power, does this also mean that by never reaching this temperature the brauduino will not recognise that the boil has started, thus throwing out hop times etc? - That seems to be the way it works. I was boiling at 99.75 and the clock hadn't started counting down. It's not an issue now that I have decided to use manual mode for the boil and whirlpool. It's only the mash which I need to be hands-off.

Thanks in advance for any answers, HUGE thanks to Lael and team and happy new year to all.
Another observation: The heat sink was barely warm whilst running a 2400W urn.

Time to brew! Unfortunately, my fermenting fridge is full of Christmas leftovers :angry2: . A room temperature saison might be on the cards!

Hi guys.

Probably late to the party but any chance I can get hold of one of these pcb boards or a kit?

jabbos said:
box arrived this mornig!

can't wait to put all pieces toghether!

thank you lael!!!!
Wow, that took a while! You are absolutely welcome!

Hi Lael,

Have the controller built and fitted under the old laundry copper i'll be using as the outer / boiler.

In order to progress the build i am at the point of needing to do the plumbing, but need an inner pot / malt pipe.

Just wondering how you were going with sourcing pots and screens?

Im keen to get this unit working.

Beers
Croz.

Hi croz,
No news on malt pipes. I have plates, but difficult to order in the quantities required without pots to match them to. This hasn't been the front of mind at the moment as I've just changed jobs.

Mardoo,
Dual SSRs are looking promising, but no firm answers yet.

I've been watching the kit build videos on youtube and Interested in getting one of these kits. How can I get one of these?

Back