The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to tell - but, it looks like one of the pins on the LCD isn't soldered? And on the back side of the pcb where the LCD header goes into the board it looks like you have some balling - which may mean a cold joint ( I think that is the term). It might be worthwhile to heat up the soldering iron and re-melt the solder to see if you get better movement into the joint. I noticed that the pin I could see on the pot didn't look like the solder had gone through the joint? How does the connection on it look - I don't imagine it would make a difference though and you've said you are getting display. Is it only an issue when the pump / relay turns on and off? or all the time?

I am not the best solderer as you can see and I did have some issues where I need to resolder, in fact the reason the screen did not start in an earlier post of mine was because one of the three legs of the pot was not good. I think everethting is oldered OK (not great) as it all works and on the last two night when I have run a water trial the screen has froze once on each trial. the first when the heater and pump started after a pump rest an the other after the malt was removed. my problem seems to be when they both start.
I think I will buy a second relay from Jaycar 12v coil/240v load and drive this new relay using a 12 volt supply from the PCB realy. this way I only have 12v on the board if it is intereference causing the problem. It is only $7-8 and worth a try. It is more an issue that it is not perfect because it isnot a real issue having to turn the power off and then on a gain once for the entire batch.

What temp does your pump turn off in the boil cycle I was upyo 92 and it was still running I think my pump is only rated for 90 deg.

The default code has the pump running until 94c, I have a version of the code with a few changes and one of them being killing the pump at 80c as I run a Kaixin and not the higher temp version. I have not had a chance to even run a batch using the original code yet, and I want to do 2 runs with the original code before trying my modified version.

I have altered the bonjuino2 code so the pump turns off at 80 deg and also the boil setpoint is 100 deg to ensure the heater remains on 100%, but 98 deg must work if others are using it. I have not tried the modified program hopefully over the next two days on water. I don't have a kaixin pumps but a similar mag drive which i think was rated to 90 deg.

QldKev said:
The default code has the pump running until 94c, I have a version of the code with a few changes and one of them being killing the pump at 80c as I run a Kaixin and not the higher temp version. I have not had a chance to even run a batch using the original code yet, and I want to do 2 runs with the original code before trying my modified version.
I've got one of the high temp Kaixin ones - the green one, and it can definitely handle high temps (including boiling)

barrel21 said:
I have altered the bonjuino2 code so the pump turns off at 80 deg and also the boil setpoint is 100 deg to ensure the heater remains on 100%, but 98 deg must work if others are using it. I have not tried the modified program hopefully over the next two days on water. I don't have a kaixin pumps but a similar mag drive which i think was rated to 90 deg.
The set temp on mine is 98, but it works better on 100, so i normally turn it up - should change it in code now I come to think of it.

Just an update for people waiting for the latest batch - I've got most of all the parts - just waiting on the PCBs - hopefully they will come through this week and I can start sending kits out. If you are watching the thread - I've still got some kits available from this batch, so PM me and I'll send details to get you going.

lael said:
Just an update for people waiting for the latest batch - I've got most of all the parts - just waiting on the PCBs - hopefully they will come through this week and I can start sending kits out. If you are watching the thread - I've still got some kits available from this batch, so PM me and I'll send details to get you going.
Cheers for the update Lael

lael said:
Great news mate - I've just about finished my box, only have to silicone it all in. Got my front thing from Superoo the other day too!

Oh that mongrel jaycar box. Not only are my 4 buttons about as straight as a submarine, but last night i was drilling the hole for the temp sensor whilst stupidly holding the box in the left hand. Now the proud owner wonky box and a 2cm gash in my index finger :lol:

joshF said:
Oh that mongrel jaycar box. Not only are my 4 buttons about as straight as a submarine, but last night i was drilling the hole for the temp sensor whilst stupidly holding the box in the left hand. Now the proud owner wonky box and a 2cm gash in my index finger :lol:
I hear ya bro :lol: . Mine's looking pretty good though at this stage, but there has been a repair or two.....

joshF said:
ouch!!!! strongly recommend drilling on top of some timber you don't need (not your floorboards... just in case... ;) )

Hello, I'm new, I got here by accident and I find it very good job Matho teacher.
I am very interested in this complete kit and not whether it would be possible to send it to me since I'm from Spain.
Who do I have to be contacted to discuss if possible send it to Spain?, How much is the kit?

Forgive for my English is translated.
Cheers and keep on this great community.

elpiratilla said:
Who do I have to be contacted blow to discuss if possible send it to Spain?, How much is the kit?
$50 and comes with all you need to assemble the control board - an Arduino can be supplied for $25. You need to get the parts for the control box yourself (12v power supply, buttons etc).

Look at the .pdf files in this post and you will understand more about what is supplied and what you need to buy.

Logman said:
$50 and comes with all you need to assemble the control board - an Arduino can be supplied for $25. You need to get the parts for the control box yourself (12v power supply, buttons etc).

Look at the .pdf files in this post and you will understand more about what is supplied and what you need to buy.
I think everything perfect.
I have a one r3 arduino this same right?
Payment could be made by paypal?
Greetings and thanks

I paid for mine by bank deposit, not sure if he has Paypal. You need to message lael - click on his name a few posts above and you'll see the button that says 'send me a message'.

Your r3 Arduino should be fine - ask him to confirm when you message.

:icon_cheers:

Logman said:
I paid for mine by bank deposit, not sure if he has Paypal. You need to message lael - click on his name a few posts above and you'll see the button that says 'send me a message'.

Your r3 Arduino should be fine - ask him to confirm when you message.

:icon_cheers:
Thanks for everything you have written a message to lael to see what he says, to see if I have luck and I can send the kit to Spain (Andalucia)
regards

Hey Logman/Lael,
From the parts list, it says it contains the DS18B20, is this still current/being supplied?

cheers,
Josh

Hey Josh- no it isn't. The original part matho was supplying was the chip / one in a cable. He made up his own housing by lathing a bolt and then drilling it out and making a few other mods to it. For most people this isn't practical. You need to get one - the best one is from sureelectronics and comes already in a bulkhead - it's what I've got in my system. It's prob worth buying a spare when you get one. About $15.- incl shipping. They have a website or an ebay store. from memory the prices are similar / the same.

edit:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3m-Digital-Thermal-Tank-Sensor-Horizontal-DS18B20-/251252244370?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item3a7fccff92

http://www.sureelectronics.net/goods.php?id=1276

I've already asked the DS18B20.
But I have a pt-100, is this would not be better than the DS18B20, temperature and more enduring?

PD. I connect by akí usually when you guys are sleeping as we brought eight hours apart.
Greetings.

Latest posts

Back