The Book Depository

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red ghost

Reaction score
Is it a legit bussiness? I'm reading that it's a scam..anyone purchased from there?

Is it a legit bussiness? I'm reading that it's a scam..anyone purchased from there?

Where did you read that?

I've ordered from them several times and have always been pleased with the prices and speed of delivery...

How/where/what did you read that it is a scam?
.... don't tell me, your local bookshop where you pay 4x the price? :)

We've ordered books from there before without problems.
Melbourne Brewers also have an affiliate link so the club gets a kick-back when members buy stuff.

How/where/what did you read that it is a scam?
.... don't tell me, your local bookshop where you pay 4x the price? :)

We've ordered books from there before without problems.
Melbourne Brewers also have an affiliate link so the club gets a kick-back when members buy stuff.
Ordered heaps off it.
Hell cheap and the postage is suprisingly quick.

The book depository is legit, the the "scam" issues are related to different pricing between the US .com site and the UK, .co.uk site, and likely has a lot to do with the US dollar falling apart. There's a bit of info here http://www.salient.org.nz/arts/books/the-book-depository

I use the book depository quite a lot and they are often cheaper, however a really useful site to check when making book purchases is www.booko.com.au. It meta searches most of the online retailers and gives you a breakdown on item price and shipping price. Very handy.

cheers

Grant

there are lots of threads on here about where to buy brewing books. Book Depository comes 1st or 2nd (generally first) in the ranks. i dont think ive bought a book in years that hasnt been bookdepository

lol... last order from them I chose to be billed in US dollars rather than Au$ as it worked out cheaper!

I've used the Book Depository a few times and would recommend it. Free shipping, but the overall price ends up similar to Amazon (shipping extra).
The books seem to arrive much quicker from Book Depository though.

And your books are sent by Royal Mail. What else can you ask for.

queen.jpeg

Just bought How To Brew from there last week, looking forward to getting it.

Back