• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

The Big Queensland Yeast Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hehe

ok bump time

Ozbrewer___WY1056 American Ale
Hoops______WY1762 Belgian Abbey Ale 2
Mobrien____WY3068 Weizen
Als_world___WY1318 London Ale III
Tidalpete ___WY1028 London Ale
AndrewQld__WL380 Hefeweizen IV
Snow_______WL051 California V
Altstart_____WY2633 Oktoberfest
Batz ?
Ross - 2206 Bavarian Lager.

Mobrien____WY3068 Weizen
Batz_____WY2007 Pilsen
Coodgee_____WLP810/800

My name seems to of been left off the list, I did reply on the first page of this thread before the "debate". :ph34r:

I will buy a brand new yeast and split it prior to the swap. ;) undecided as yet as to what I will add but I am in for sure.

Mobrien____WY3068 Weizen
Batz_____WY2007 Pilsen
Coodgee_____WLP810/800
Brizbrew_____?

What about a WY1728 Scottish Ale

Really I don't need any of the yeasts listed , I have most of them :(

Batz

The tittle to this thread made me think it was something to do with 'schoolies week'.
Oh well,
:p

The tittle to this thread made me think it was something to do with 'schoolies week'.
Oh well,

Bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Pure Gold! :lol: :lol:

I am in but I also like hoops idea of a sterile syringe throught the smack pack? I was thinking are there any strains people would love to get their hands on.

Grain and Grape will get smack packs in on order. I was thinking of buying a smack pack and splitting it up on the day. If anybody else is interested I can do a "bulk" order of sorts from grain and grape and split it on the day (hoops can we use some of those disposables needles you brought to stick the smack packs?).

Any suggested strains...?
Anybody else interesting in dong the same in addition to the yeast swap as we could do a consolidated order from grain and grape. (or any other merchant that you knows orders in from wyeast)

My technique is ok, but not perfect! I feel my technique is not good enough to risk stuffing up somebody elses beer. I would feel terrible if my odd bad batch was distributed to everybody.

Brizzy how about one of the unusual strains....maybe even Brett is they have it..3463,2565 or 1007 are good yeasts

I know I am from NSW but would be happy to get involved. I have Wyeast 1338, 1388, 1028 & 2278 unsmacked if anyone n interested.

STEPHEN

SJW said:
I know I am from NSW but would be happy to get involved. I have Wyeast 1338, 1388, 1028 & 2278 unsmacked if anyone n interested.

STEPHEN
[post="73028"][/post]​

Be please to have you join us SJW , going to make a trip up to Brissy?

Batz

homebrewworld.com said:
Australia Post then
[post="73049"][/post]​
If you are gonna start posting yeast around the place, I have half a dozen brewtek yeasts in slants. Of course they are probably all funky due to my mishandling.

sosman said:
homebrewworld.com said:
Australia Post then
[post="73049"][/post]​
If you are gonna start posting yeast around the place, I have half a dozen brewtek yeasts in slants. Of course they are probably all funky due to my mishandling.
[post="73060"][/post]​

Here is a pic of Sosmans cultures.
Be surprised to much difference amongst platers
http://brewiki.org/wiki/homebrew/attachmen...i1272Mouldy.jpg

There is a reson that BIG companies such as Wyeast exist

There is a reson that BIG companies such as Wyeast exist
[post="73066"][/post]​
[/quote]

Obviosly sos is very careful with his technique. Mould will be present always but only at microscopic levels (ie you cannot see it with your eye)
If you leave you plates long enough they will all look like this.
Be warned

Petri1272Mouldy.jpg

Another week and that plate would have been completely green

Darren said:
Another week and that plate would have been completely green
[post="73070"][/post]​

Furthermore, If you do manage to get a "clean" plate it is by no means a stable or permanent culture. The yeast will die within a month or so as they can only acquire nutrients from their immediate area.

mmmmm

Ok
Are we doing this at the Xmas Case piss-up....Oh I mean at the Xmas Swap with sampling while visiting Ross?

Or before?

Can we make it starters? Then those who streak can do so , don't know why you bother really...read Darrens input ! Moldy old plates ! :p

Batz

hey sos. im more than happy to have some of your funky yeast

interstaters are mlore than welcom as long as they have a good way of shipping....

I think starters or slyrrys are fine, .......it matters very little to me, I will most liky be giving mine out in sterile water so i know they are good to go

Darren, you have made your point....if your not joining in, move on and annoy someone else please

For all the newcommers please add your name to the list, copy, add your name, and paste so we can kep track

We still havent come up with a time or place

My place is good if you all agree, time?...next 2 or 3 weeks? but for me it wil have to be a monday or monday night

Latest posts

Back