the beer machine

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamieh

Reaction score
Gday All,
For fathers day i went and bought myself the beer machine, I still do old style home brewing and buy german beer....but thought id try the beer machine...all has gone well so far with fermenting and bubbling/conditioning after fermentation has complete has been a success...only issue i have now is carbonation...ive tried 3 gas bulbs, the PSI gauge has gone to about 12 psi...seems normal and within the correct range...stays there for a few hours...whilst I guess the chilled beer soaks up the gasses to become carbonated...after a few hours the gauge drops back slowly down to 0...a small amount of air comes out the top of the pressure release valve which from what ive read is normal......who else has one of these beer machines and can give me some tips or advice on the carbonation side of things...the head on the beer is creamy and good...the taste is fine...just not fully carbonated how it should normally be from a keg setup....not sure how many bulbs you should use per 10 litres of beer or if there is a certain rule to follow?
cheers fellas....any help would do.
jamie

I've been doing some reading on these machines (got one for my birthday) and from what I've read it's 3-4 bulbs perbatch. The kit only comes with 3 and I found it took one bulb to pressure test the thing. I haven't had a chance to test it yet but I picked up a pack of the Sodastream CO2 bulbs on the cheap at Target and they are pretty much identical; I'd be very surprised if they don't fit. I'll report back if they work okay.

haha petesbrew, ive got 2x30L fermenters and everything else to do kit and kilo beers...except I do need about 90 glass longnecks...if anyone knows of something wanting to sell some or whatnot...once i have those bottles ill be back into proper kit and kilo home brewing...just this beer machine was a fathers day present from my 2 young daughters and son. ive used about 4-5 bulbs....the beer comes out with a nice amount of head on it...just lacks that carbonated mouth feel that keg beers produce...even tho the gas is going into the keg and the gauge is holding the 10-15 PSI for a while...then dissipates after a while...not sure if its meant to hold the pressure or if the pressure slowly releases once the gases have 'soaked' into the beer?

jamieh said:
haha petesbrew, ive got 2x30L fermenters and everything else to do kit and kilo beers...except I do need about 90 glass longnecks...if anyone knows of something wanting to sell some or whatnot...once i have those bottles ill be back into proper kit and kilo home brewing...just this beer machine was a fathers day present from my 2 young daughters and son. ive used about 4-5 bulbs....the beer comes out with a nice amount of head on it...just lacks that carbonated mouth feel that keg beers produce...even tho the gas is going into the keg and the gauge is holding the 10-15 PSI for a while...then dissipates after a while...not sure if its meant to hold the pressure or if the pressure slowly releases once the gases have 'soaked' into the beer?
FWIW, I buy used CUB long necks from an ebayer in Melbourne.

Just goes to show the merits of, just before each Fathers Day, being very specific with your wife and children about what you DO NOT WANT! Just because you are interested in beer and brewing doesn't mean you want a beermachine or a tapking!

stm said:
Just goes to show the merits of, just before each Fathers Day, being very specific with your wife and children about what you DO NOT WANT! Just because you are interested in beer and brewing doesn't mean you want a beermachine or a tapking!
jamieh said:
just this beer machine was a fathers day present from my 2 young daughters and son.

jamieh said:
Gday All,
For fathers day i went and bought myself the beer machine,

:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back