Thanks For The Samuel Smith Brown Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
:super:

I got home from work last night at midnight and there's a bottle of Samuel Smiths Broon Ale sitting on the table. Now anyone who knows me socially knows that SWMBO, who is a fair bit older than me, had a stroke a few years ago that wiped part of the hard drive and she finds it very hard to express herself - believe me I don't get away with a single thing and she's bright as a button in every other department... :p
So I was informed that 'a nice boy' had brought it.

Obviously someone over to Bribie Island for a trip and dropped in to see me, but I was at work. Of course heaps of ppl have my address due to hop buy so thanks for the lovely surprise. At first I thought (in the semi dark) 'what's the soy sauce doing out - I left her curry :p ' No need to announce publicly but just a PM so I can thank you personally. Perfect dessert ale for Xmas Day.

Many thanks
Michael

PS sorry I wasn't in or I would have shown you round the brauhaus and had a mild or three. :(

Worked out who it is.... on closer questioning this morning SWMBO identified the guy by the other piece of equipment he delivered in the recent past .... anyone who knows the guy would have to agree that 'nice boy' sums him up perfectly :lol: :lol:
Hopefully running into him at a brewday soon :party:

The person in question was around my place after yours and wasn't going to say anything just in case he was going to remain anonymous. I was supposed to catch up with him around the corner from you on his way through as we were to go out on the 'skis again but it was raining and didn't want to get wet :ph34r:

We had a tipple of the Samuels as well yesterday, :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

Looks like he was locked in Santa mode :D
Thanks as well :super:

Don't believe all that you read, 'cause that guy you're talking about is a nut case... :ph34r:

Seriously, I'm glad you enjoyed the tipple BribieG :D There were a few bottles distributed to those whose efforts in edu-me-cating me in the past year - I have appreciated their efforts and it just so happens that you were one of those people ;) In any case, make sure you enjoy the bottle (if you haven't already :icon_cheers: ) and I look forward to catching up with you shortly.

Cheers, GG

GG
000_0922.jpg
Noice! Have a good festive season mate.

You Lucky, Lucky Bastards!

Well deserved to those mentioned however. Very knowledgeable brewers, and bloody nice people too!

Merry Xmas Guys! :)

Cheers

Latest posts

Back