Thank You

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all. Thanks for making me realiZe that the normal guy in Australia is interested in more than footy and cars. Don't get me wrong I love my car, boat and my Rugby but I also love to brew beer, grow stuff, cook and discuss my passions with others that share my interests. Beer is awesome ... But drinking the good stuff often makes going to the average bottlo frustrating!! Thanks to WRDA and ShawnH for starting me on a awesome journey of self discovery. Thanks to Sully for selling me my AG kit, thanks to the beautiful Mel at craft brewers in Enoggera for cracking my grain and for the gingerbeer for my wife that hot day last year. Thanks to all the guys and dolls on here who submit awesome and inspirational topics about everything. I love this shit!!

I look forward tomeering the BABB peeps before I head to Perth at the EOY. I look forward to meeting the Westcoast Brewers then.
Hooray another Ipswich AGer! For a little while at least. There is a small but dedicated group here that share the driving into BABBs every month.

Awesome thread here. I agree with what everyone else has said. If I hadn't found this site my fermenters would still be sitting unloved in a mates laundry & I'd still be making coopers rich.

I for one really appreciate all the info I`ve gained from this forum
Some by directly asking .............. a lot more by just reading & searching

Even the LHBS bloke says "there is only so many times you can explain how to make beer without becoming jaded"

But the bloke at the LHBS is selling stuff - so part of his job.

Why some of the so called "experienced brewers" post nonsense such as "have you used the search engine" or "I'm sick of answering that question" and are extremely rude to Noobs is totally bizarre. No-one forced them to even read the Noob questions - when they respond rudely it only shows their immaturiy and why they are spending their life posting on anonymous message boards and clearly do not have a life or any "real" friends.

Maybe excessive alcohol intake over an extended period of time causes the rudeness ?

JC was more of a wine maker I think? :ph34r:
Change the nature of the party (say a 21st birthday rather than a wedding), and I'm sure he would've made a pretty good ale too.

But the bloke at the LHBS is selling stuff - so part of his job.

Why some of the so called "experienced brewers" post nonsense such as "have you used the search engine" or "I'm sick of answering that question" and are extremely rude to Noobs is totally bizarre. No-one forced them to even read the Noob questions - when they respond rudely it only shows their immaturiy and why they are spending their life posting on anonymous message boards and clearly do not have a life or any "real" friends.

Maybe excessive alcohol intake over an extended period of time causes the rudeness ?

This was meant to be a thread about love :wub: and giving thanks, mate. Maybe you should start your own thread titled "Let's have a sook and a whinge".
I was kindly advised to try the search function when first coming on here, and took no offence at all.

That's an awesome idea. I want to see the sook & whinge thread.

A huge thanks to everyone. You've given me some great advice and some of the heartiest belly laughs of my life reading some of the threads on here.

As I pour a (drinkable) beer from my tap on my fridge, I am reminded of the help & advice I have received so far that makes it possible to make a brew that me & my mates can be proud of.

I've already made some good friends here, learnt so much, will ask many more stoopid questions & have some great laughs along the way.

Thanks to all you guys who put have put up with the classic dumbass questions over & over again & answered with patience & diligence. There will be plenty more to come, but there will also be plenty of good great beers to come forever more.

Forgot to add, I went to Chappo's do earlier this year, had never met a sole in person until that day, everyone was so easy to have a good time with & explain their stories, beer knowledge etc, it made me realise I could make AG beer too. Now doing as Chappo calls it 'Pillow Brewing' :lol:

Thank You

Cheers,
Goldy :drinks:

I too would like to thank all who contribute to this forum!

I received a home brew kit for Christmas last year, with the view of brewing my own beer and saving money. I found AHB linked on the Coopers forum and haven't looked back since. I am now doing extracts after only 2 K&K's and am loving it. I also discovered Grain and Grape via this website, and thoroughly enjoyed their AG brewing demo last weekend. I've learned so much just reading threads! Everytime I search, there is something there with definitive (and sometimes conflicting) answers. I looked forward to becoming an accomplished brewer who make awesome beers :icon_cheers:

Fantastic work to all who contribute their knowledge and time.:beer:

Cheers!

I had as yet not added to this thread, because everything i thought and felt about the help i'd receieved by the generous people on here had already been said by other members. However i cant not say ditto to everything previously posted and special thanks on my behalf to manticle, screwy, chappo, mr ******* who have personally assisted my vague attempts at this artform. And also the likes of bum, tony, Cm2 and many many others that i have lurked around and learned from by reading their current and past threads/comments. I know there is plenty of guys i havnt mentioned and to those i apologise, basically if i havnt learned from what i've read here i've at the least had a good laugh

cheers
matt

Latest posts

Back