Thank You

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it wasn't for this site (and others first and foremost) I'd prolly still be using my bottling wand for an airlock, continually pouring water in it wondering why the water keeps dissapearing. Yes, true story, can we just leave it at that

ditto

thanks to everone that has posted helpful info but its not just about the help but also the friendship without AHB i would still be brewing all by myself with no interactions with fellow brewers.

cheer's matho

Without this site, I simply wouldnt be brewing. I wouldnt be making beer that tastes better than most beers you can buy. I wouldnt be coming in from mowing the lawn, sinking a beer, saying to myself...DAMN that lawn looks good, but its got nothing on this beer!

Thanks to many of you that have helped and will no doubt help in the future. (special thanks to Manticle,Screwy,ChapChap,Butters,Bum and so so so much more for putting up with me and my noob questions)

Rendo

I wouldnt be coming in from mowing the lawn, sinking a beer, saying to myself...DAMN that lawn looks good, but its got nothing on this beer!

AND AINT THAT THE LIVIN TRUTH, GREAT EXAMPLE OF THE WARM FUZZIES THAT WE ALL PULL OUT OF THIS HOBBY IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER. THANKS TO CONTRIBUTERS LIKE RENDO FOR KEEPING IT REAL!

Cheers,

Screwy

Dave IMO its got very little to do with noobie questions. Its more to do with arrogance and disrespect to experienced advice.

I would seriuosly doubt any of the good experienced brewers on this forum would have a go at someone for trying something different, that what brewing is all about. Just when people get behind a screen and show total disrespect to people and proven methods gets a bit thin.
And dont worry the brewers that I have personnaly met from this forum have been a great bunch and know how to pick out a shit stirring tosser.

Cheers Brad

Full stop! :party:

.....and a special thanks from a German homebrewer who was allowed to join the Aussiehomebrew scene many years ago and since then had learned much from this site.

Also special thanks to all the homebrewing friends Ive personally met whilst my travel through Australia. I hope will see you again in good health condition, next time when Ill be there again.

Cheers, Prost :beer: :icon_cheers:

Yep, a big thanks to all for the advice, encouragement, friendship, and yes, even the peer pressure to try AG brewing.
Always willing to pass on any knowledge gained here to help other noobies along.
And the bitchfights can be entertaining sometimes.

Always willing to pass on any knowledge gained here to help other noobies along.
and many thanks for that, sometimes its the confidence gained from the info given here that makes it all come together for us noobs... and its greatly appreciated
:party:

Thanks to AHB for inspiring me to spend $$$$ to upgrade the ol' brewery.

Without this site I might have saved my money from all the upgrades to BIAB. But when I enjoy a good wheat beer I wouldn't fully understand just how hard they can be to master (thanks to Zwickel for some tips). Nor would I be the beer 'expert' at any function; all credit goes to knowledge sharing members of this site.

The above sentiments show just how appreciative many, myself included, are of other's help and advice. Before finding this site I had no idea you could even brew All Grain at home.
Most people here are extremely generous with their time and knowledge. Also, the other thing that really strikes me is that since joining this site I have been offered a brew kettle, a mash tun with element, and a brew stand welded up for me. All out kindness and a genuine want to see others succeed in brewing. Sifting through the shit and having a laugh along the way is just an added bonus. Cheers to you all.

John.

This picture sums up this thread :lol:

group-hug1.jpg

And ditto to all that's been said! I probably would have given up after a few months of getting sick of drinking piss poor k&k's if I hadnt discovered this forum.. Now nearly 2 years later and im brewing AG's that are (imo) up there with the best of them!

Cheers :beer:

What everyone else said... Thanks heaps. Just over a year ago I got a hombrew kit for my birthday. I now have 5 fermenters, 400 odd tallies and one less car space in the garage. Love it.

As with everyone else I started on the basics, made crud kit beer, improved it, moved to extracts and have finally (maybe slowly??) taken the slippery slope to AG. Yay for beer. Yay for this forum. You guys rock.

Thank you

Tyler

All this group hug therapy is giving me the fuzzies...I feel like going out to the brewhaus/garage and picking up the fermenter and taking a big swig, yeast,krausen and all (lager with cascade and saaz...similar to LCBA, YUM) being careful not to splash my dig thermostat of course...who would have thought of putting a dig thermostat on a fridge...WTF...proper temp control has made the most noteable difference to my beers so far..this site rocks.

I know you BASTARDS will get me into AG soon....I am partial/extract BIABing at the moment, so I am almost there...2011 will be the year of AG for me. I cant wait. Full BIAB or 3V whatever...just am eager to do a full grain batch

rendo

AND AINT THAT THE LIVIN TRUTH, GREAT EXAMPLE OF THE WARM FUZZIES THAT WE ALL PULL OUT OF THIS HOBBY IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER. THANKS TO CONTRIBUTERS LIKE RENDO FOR KEEPING IT REAL!

Cheers,

Screwy

Me Too! What a great thread. I do not post to often..whenever I do the answer is allways forthcoming..Love this site...Big thankyou to those who have answered my (noob) Questions in the past and a big thankyou to those that will do it in the future...May Bacchus live on!!

ahh - a love fest. Cool, we all need it after a rough week or so round here.

Doesn't matter how much you've learned in the past... new and interesting stuff just keeps on turning up round here. I know I've learned as much from the brewers on AHB as I ever learned from any text books.

Thanks all round to the old hands and the newbies alike. This is a good community that I'm glad to be a part of.

ahh - a love fest. Cool, we all need it after a rough week or so round here.

Doesn't matter how much you've learned in the past... new and interesting stuff just keeps on turning up round here. I know I've learned as much from the brewers on AHB as I ever learned from any text books.

Thanks all round to the old hands and the newbies alike. This is a good community that I'm glad to be a part of.

Sure is a lotta Brewlove goin on here atm TB :lol:

My experience too, Technicalities learned from the text books, Practicalities learned from fellow brewers, Actuality learned from practicing both.

A big thanks to the AHB community!

Screwy

Me too, for getting me to finally have the guts after many years to jump to AG, as well as teaching me the concepts along the way that I was fuzzy on. Now making some even better beer, and understanding what I'm doing right, rather than blind experimentation.

Most of what I learned I didn't need to ask, just a search, but thanks to all those that answered all the questions in the past that allowed me to anonymously learn for so long.

Much appreciated. :chug:

My keyboard is slippery from all the tears i'm crying right now ... and i've never even met any of you. Probably.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to pretend that I don't really know anything about brewing and giving you silly questions to answer :p

If it wasn't for this place i'd have a much easier time of choosing what to brew - and certainly wouldn't enjoy the process or the outcome as much. - and i might just get some bloody work done once in a while!

The depth of knowledge hidden in these cabbage soup green pages is truly overwhelming. Love it.

(and some of the racy avatars are pretty good too ;) )

This picture sums up this thread :lol:

group-hug1.jpg

And ditto to all that's been said! I probably would have given up after a few months of getting sick of drinking piss poor k&k's if I hadnt discovered this forum.. Now nearly 2 years later and im brewing AG's that are (imo) up there with the best of them!

Cheers :beer:

Is that Jesus in the middle there? :D

Latest posts

Back