Tetley's 'cream' Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drsmurto

Reaction score
Been driving past a sign that says 'Now serving imported Tetleys Cream Ale' every day for the past week or so and finally remembered to do a search for it. Apart from the fact they are owned by Carlsberg and its normally found in a can containing a widget, cant seem to find out much more about this, particularly when you add cream to the search string....

Anyway, for those in Adelaide or more accurately, the Adelaide Hills, its on tap at the Stanley Bridge Tavern in Verdun, just around the corner from Grumpys. Had dinner there a few times and they have a nice beer list (JS, LC and even the Lobethal APA) and do some seriously good food.

Anyone know anymore about this beer. I should stop and have a pint.......

Its on tap in the Pig and Whistle on the Mornington Peninsula so if anyone there who has tasted it could give me their thoughts.

Dont recall drinking in in the UK but i was usually propping up the Landlord tap or the several guest ales on the handpulls rather then drinking the overly commercial stuff.

Thanks for the heads up info. I go past that pub every time I go to Grumpys. The SWAMBO and myself are planning another bike trip (motorcycle) soon and are always on the look out for something different. I have tried the Tetleys but honestly can't remember what it tasted like. That could be a goog or bad thing.The one thing I will say as all may be aware is that they (widget pommy beer cans) all have that flat knock it down quick taste.

BYB

Voosher and I had a pint of it on Wednesday. $7.50 and it tasted just like a Tetleys (funny that!).
It is on Nitrogen and served very cold.

Not bad but Tetleys never did have a big flavour profile. A decent quaffer if you can't get a real ale.

Mind you, a pint of Tetleys at the Stanley Bridge is a great excuse to check out their top shelf whiskys (actually I think it's the second shelf). Not a huge range but some pearls tucked in there.
Sorry. I know this is a brewing forum but good whisky is made from beer... sorta.

Pretty sure tetleys is on tap in rundle st at the elephant british pub aswell. It really is not a beer you would go out of your way to get hold of but if your in the area well maybe worth a little try.

Back