Temp Controlled Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm using a stainless probe that's is actually inside the fermentor and touching the wort.

Sorry I should have been a bit more clear. The temp always reads correctly it's just that the fridge over chills it. So.....say the fridgemate is set to 17c, it would get to say 16c (because of the 1c differential setting) and then switch off the fridge but it continues to get colder because of the ambient air temp in the fridge. This only usually happens when you put warm wort in the fridge say @ 20c-22c and have the fridge mate set to say 17c-18c.

I just sit my probe in the fridge (not near the door or where the elements are). The air temp will change more than the brew temp so if you set a fridge mate to 13 degrees for example even though the differential is 3 degrees (ie 10 to 16C), the brew temperature shouldn't reach these extremes. Alternateively you can put the probe in small container of water. Same theory really. 500ml will change temperature quicker than 23L.

Sorry I meant the tepm differential as in the setting the unit will switch on and off at. So say it's set to 17c it will chill to 16c and switch off or get to 18c and switch on.

Yeah I see where you are coming from with the small amount of water. Prividing the fridge could maintain a stable temp that may work!

Back