Tell The Truth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now imagine an extract brewer with this same conversation.

"well, I got out the trusty can opener and boiled the kettle! Whew! What a brew day! I'm glad I got up early. I tell you, when I opened that packet of brew-booster #4, the smell was almost... non-existent...."

... well, I got out the trusty can opener and boiled the kettle! Whew! What a brew day! I'm glad I got up early. I tell you, when I opened that packet of brew-booster #4, the smell was almost... non-existent...

Do you use a MagiCan, or one of those cute new battery operated thingies? I've got an electric one: you just push a button and before you know it, the can is OPEN! I reckon you can open at least twice as many cans as back when I started brewing...

now Domonsura is on the scene, 95L seems to be becoming the standard.

AHB members suffering from pot envy.

The solution is available without prescription...

Not only that, I`ll probably get a sizeable discount.
{we`re old mates}

stagga.

Now imagine an extract brewer with this same conversation.

"well, I got out the trusty can opener and boiled the kettle! Whew! What a brew day! I'm glad I got up early. I tell you, when I opened that packet of brew-booster #4, the smell was almost... non-existent...."

:lol: :lol: You crack me up....... ;)

and may i add to that, BoilerBoy makes a STUNNING Coopers Sparkling Ale clone, without a can opener (and he's generally busier than a one-armed juggler with crabs - so don't make the "i don't have time" excuse)

C'mon Tangent.... Do you really think you can submit a post like this without being asked for the recipe????

(I remember being bugged by PM by someone who reckoned I should get a pair of mayo buckets together..)

Fess.

Not only that, I`ll probably get a sizeable discount.
{we`re old mates}

stagga.

Discount......Yep Staggs, I'll quite happily trim 50% off any kettle of yours.....with the plasma cutter.....

PM him. I don't have the recipe.

Did you try some mayo buckets or crank up the sewing machine?

All right.. I'll bite.

Huhness, send me a PM with your details and I will send you a bottle of the Pigs Arse Pale Ale I am going to brew in the next week. :beer:

At least then you will be able to say you have tasted an AG brew (Not that the PAPA is a medal contender) :ph34r:

Cheers,

Fester.

PM him. I don't have the recipe.

Did you try some mayo buckets or crank up the sewing machine?

I tried to get mayo buckets but the best I could find were 15 litre.

I moseyed down to the Tip recycle place (Revolve) and picked up an esky some fool decided to get rid of for the princley sum of $5.00

It happened to have a drain plug in the bottom. 10 minutes work, a few garden hose fittings and a bit of steel mesh stretched over an old shelf rail and I had a false bottomed mash tun.

I can get just over 5kg of grain in it, so for brewing 22/23 litre batches it is ideal. I consistently hit 75% efficieny, and have had up to 83%.

Next thing will be to upsize the whole system. No pressure there. Grain milll is next toy.

Fess.

PS: Sewing machine motor is a part of the next experiment....... HERMS pump for $29.99 Will post results when I have something worth posting.

Festa

so you're using a "mash tun"?? Crazy! ;) Start a thread about it!

Back