Tell Me What To Brew!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keifer

Reaction score
Hey,

Well im almost up to brewing my first AG, probably in the next couple of weeks and just wanted some help in picking an easy recipe to try out first. Im thinking a pale ale of sorts with either POR flowers of Cluster flowers (coz i got lots of em :)

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Keith

A)100% ale malt (Mariss Otter)

POR to 30 IBU's 60 min.

Fuggles or goldings for flava aroma. (English)

B)90% ex pils
10% wheat (both Joe White)

POR to 25 IBU"s

hallertau/ tetnanger or cascades for flava and aroma.

Mashem both @ 65/67c and ferment with US 56 for a clean neutral finish.

Easy and Tasty.

Hey,

Well im almost up to brewing my first AG, probably in the next couple of weeks and just wanted some help in picking an easy recipe to try out first. Im thinking a pale ale of sorts with either POR flowers of Cluster flowers (coz i got lots of em :)

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Keith

Keith

My first pale ale recipe was this one - really simple - single infusion mash with a batch sparge.

Link

You can substitute Torrified wheat for just normal wheat.

Both times I have made this it has been excellent - if you have Beersmith or similar plug the hops you have into attain the bitterness you want.

Good luck

RM

BRAULOVER..
Did your B. Recipe as my first go..12lt....Easy AS...First taste seemed O>K>
But tipped it down the sink tonight...AAAARRRGGGHHH..Got an infection.. :(
Caant wait to try again....
PJ

good question I'll follow this one.. simple brews for first timers ..
new section : Virgin brewer brews.. :)
I think the K.I.S.S principle would be the best way to go.
Maybe 1 malt and just 2or 3 hop additions ..
I am a little way off my first AG. but the bug has bitten and bits and peices are falling into place.

Good luck with it ..
:beer:

Hi Keith

What is your favourite beer?
What temperatures can you keep your fermentation at?

Let us know and I"m sure we can come up with something

Thanks for the help guys:
The A. recipe looks nice and simple brauluver, i'll prolly head in the that sort of direction, 1 or 2 types of grain. I don't mind doing lots of hops additions, well not every 5 minutes anyways :)

I will be getting a couple of the fridgemate temp controllers when they come back in stock, so till then i can do, 18-20c ok so thats why im want to do an ale.
Favourite beer? **** thats a hard question nowdays! it's sorta like music, i like almost all types, as long as it's well done. No hardcore stuff, old is good, new is good (cept for tooheys). Pale ale seems a safe bet :)

Roger, i have lots of cluster and lots of POR which i want to use up first, but i'll keep the recipe in mind coz i think im gonna get even more hooked to brewing once i start AG (read, i need a third job :(

Am interested in anyone else's suggestions!

Cheers Guys,
Keith

Latest posts

Back