• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Taste Sensory Training

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone got an update or feedback on these beer flavour kits (Aroxa, Siebel or others)?

What is it you're wanting to know?

I have dealt with and tested both aroxa and siebel.

I'd go for the aroxa uno but get a pack of acetaldehyde as well (annoyingly not included). Quick turnaround (siebel are also good on this), easy to use and much longer shelf life than siebel.
Plain base beer like barvaria cans but also try a couple in darker bases like stout to see how the same flavour can change in different beers.

Probably need at least 2 unos for that number of people.

Thanks for the info. If the kit was to be used immediately (so shelf life not an issue) would you still favour Aroxa, and if so why?

Probably would. Firstly you need to time Siebel ordering and it can be cut fine, leaving you in a panic if you've got the session organised. They try and send so it arrives fresh but any delays with the postal service can **** things up for you. I signed up to a session that was postponed due to this.
Again due to shelf life but I have experienced some siebel taints showing less than expected flavour/aroma, despite being manufactured and posted fresh.
Secondly the aroxa are super easy to use and (shelf life again) - if you have any left over you can store and organise another session. There are a lot of slightly odd additions to the siebel which, while interesting, are quite uncommon and taint sessions really do require time. You will very likely have leftovers from either kit (or a very long session).

Definitely a paper/cardboard in the siebel. From memory also in aroxa - it's on the website.

Pretty sure there is - look for trans-2-nonenal.

Back