Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furby83

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm making a Party KegerEskyRatorLAZERZPEWPEW (had to put the last bit in) and want it to have a total DIY look about it.

old or antiqued esky
PVC tap tower with crappy paint job
if they would work kitchen sink or URN taps.

the guts would be all top class stuff.
so my question is would kitchen sink taps (i think a mixer would work best) work as a keg tap?

Beer may flow through them but with the large diameter of the bore and the tap being slow to open and close, foaming would be a huge issue imo.

Beer may flow through them but with the large diameter of the bore and the tap being slow to open and close, foaming would be a huge issue imo.

What do you reckon Raven? I'm a bit unclear about yr opinion.

I thththththhthththink the webbbbsite was runnnnnnnning slowww, tripppple posts ahoy.
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...mp;#entry687632

Could you use regular (beer) taps but instead of attaching a plastic handle like they come with, screw in the top part of a kitchen tap to have Hot and Cold taps that pull backwards to dispense?

Get French taps to have 'C' and 'F' for "Cold" and "Freezing", rather than Chaud et Froid.

The only way you could use kitchen type tap stuff is to run the beer line through them but like raven said said said they'd be way too big to actually dispense from.

I like the idea though, you could have a little soap holder on top too, freshen up with a Kolsch flannel bath.

Yeah sorry about that. My PC / Net / AHB was playing funny buggers when I hit the 'post reply' button it just sat there thinking then lost the connection!

Back