Taps Or Mashmaster ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justsomeguy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well SWMBO has given me the option of either a mashmaster mill or a couple of taps for xmas. What a choice, eh !

But the problem is which should I choose. I can see the financial benefit of the mill but can also see the convenience factor of using taps rather than opening the door of the freewzer all the time.

Any thoughts ?

gary

i'd go mill. the money you save you can buy some taps next year

i'd go mill. the money you save you can buy some taps next year

+1

Just make sure you show the missus how much your saving and you will have no problems getting the taps.

I'd buy both and divorce her for not being more understanding. I mean that is just cruel one or the other...or the other!
Cheers
Steve

Brush the mill, the local HBS can take care of that, go 2 nice new Celli's :wub:

I could sell you either, so the choice is unbiased.

As SJW said, you can get your grain cracked for free at your local HBS. Or you could borrow a mill from one of the many brewers over in Perth, if you want to buy in bulk. I'm sure there are many that will help, especially if you're involved in the club over there. But when it comes to taps, you need your own & would be my 1st choice. :) Later you can show the missus some figures on the money to be saved buying in bulk & get the mill approved on a financial basis B) .

Cheers Ross

Hi all,

Well SWMBO has given me the option of either a mashmaster mill or a couple of taps for xmas. What a choice, eh !

But the problem is which should I choose. I can see the financial benefit of the mill but can also see the convenience factor of using taps rather than opening the door of the freewzer all the time.

Any thoughts ?

gary

Taps, first keep geting Craftbrewer to crack it free

Pumpy :icon_cheers:

Hi all,

Any thoughts ?

gary

talk her into the mill and 1 tap, after all it's only a few bucks more.....

Cheers

Taps for mine,grain can be crushed for free.

But there's nothing like having all the beers on tap.

Eventually you;ll have all the bling anyway, go the best served option first.

I.

. Or you could borrow a mill from one of the many brewers over in Perth,
yes gary you can use my mill any time as long as i can use your taps any time i like :D
cheers paul

you can get your grain cracked for free at your local HBS
some HBS over here see cracking grain as another source of income :angry:

Big Bubble HBS in Midland is going AG so they will have a mill/selection of grain in a few weeks.

Celli taps are the go.

:)

impress your mates and save on cooling costs by not having to open your fridge all day/night long...especiallyas summer is around the corner

taps. The aussie dollar is only going to get better so you have time to check out all of your options with mills.

Mill by far. You can always open the fridge door for a while. The saving you make with a mill will pay for your taps in no time. Cracking your own malt is one of the joys of brewing IMHO.

cheers

Darren

how much does your LHBS charge for cracking grain?
BUY THE TAPS,why would you even think of the other option dude.
if ross posts pre cracked grain from craftbrewer the answer is really a no brainer.
BUY THE TAPS :beerbang:
just my 2 cents worth

cheers,dan

Mill. You can buy grain in bulk then, saving $$, which will build up for your taps.

I've used a pluto gun now for 2 - 3 years since I started kegging. Not hard at all.

Back