Tap left open on the fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was filling up my fermenter just yesterday in the laundry sink with hot water and sodium perc and was wondering why it was taking so god damn long to fill up. Yep, tap was open

fermentor twice and both times with a 10ltr brew, didn't leave much to bottle later... :angry:

soundawake said:
Was filling up my fermenter just yesterday in the laundry sink with hot water and sodium perc and was wondering why it was taking so god damn long to fill up. Yep, tap was open
Do this all the time
Wort only done once

It's always when cleaning. Once on an upholstered kitchen chair.

Never wort, I run sanitiser through the tap and turn it off before tipping the rest out the top.

Occasionally I'll have the tap open without realising and some sanitiser comes out while I'm shaking it around, but only a little bit makes it out.

Sounds like we all need spring loaded taps that turn off once you let them go. :lol:

I've done it with fermenter taps a few times with only minor losses.
Last brew I am filling mash tun and can here trickling water, WTF, tap open, only water so all good.

yum beer said:
I've done it with fermenter taps a few times with only minor losses.
Last brew I am filling mash tun and can here trickling water, WTF, tap open, only water so all good.
Must admit, I've either done this or forgot to put the thermometer in (it's removable)

I've done it twice but both times probably only lost a litre if that so not massive losses. Just a pain in the arse the extra work cleaning it up

According to another forum that we can't name, fermentor is the vessel, fermenter is the person doing the fermenting. However it was pointed out that Fermentor could sound a bit too much like a Manga Robot God.

I've left the tap on the fermenter open about the same amount of times that I've dropped glass hydrometers... Waaaay to many times!!

What about FV then...also on another forum whose name shall not be mentioned...

Latest posts

Back