Tap - A - Draft

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Search for the Tap A Boom! thread...

Not sure what the general consense's is these days but a couple expolded obv in that thread.

Yeah, my cousin had a couple explode. I'd be staying away from them myself.

Yeh I had one (probably still do somewhere in the garage). It was OK at first but really couldn't hold enough carbonation for my liking - within a few days/week was almost flat.
I persisted for a while, tries new seals etc but then gave up.

Cheers, Adam

Yeh I had one (probably still do somewhere in the garage). It was OK at first but really couldn't hold enough carbonation for my liking - within a few days/week was almost flat.
I persisted for a while, tries new seals etc but then gave up.

Cheers, Adam

Did you prime and condition the bottles before using?

I have heard that they have redesigned the bottles to avoid the whole exploding thing... I wonder if the stories of exploding bottles were first or second generation bottles?

I also had a mate with a Tap-A-Draft, his leaked like a sieve. I recall seeing one of his bottles get drop kicked over the fence, with a few choice words to make sure it stayed there :lol:

Buy a corny keg, bronco tap and soda stream gas setup is you're looking for a simple setup.

Good luck

Cheers
Carboy :icon_cheers:

Did you prime and condition the bottles before using?

I have heard that they have redesigned the bottles to avoid the whole exploding thing... I wonder if the stories of exploding bottles were first or second generation bottles?

Yes I did prime them which is why carbonation was good for a few days. When I bought mine (maybe 4 - 5 years ago), I hadnt heard of exploding bottles at all. Maybe they changed the internal reg??

If you are looking at getting in to kegging on the cheap and are a bit handy have a look at this thread for building a party keg out of a garden sprayer:
Garden sprayer garden keg
I plan on having a go at one (or two) in the near future.
Paul.

I also had a mate with a Tap-A-Draft, his leaked like a sieve. I recall seeing one of his bottles get drop kicked over the fence, with a few choice words to make sure it stayed there :lol:

Buy a corny keg, bronco tap and soda stream gas setup is you're looking for a simple setup.

Good luck

Cheers
Carboy :icon_cheers:

Thanks for the feedback, looks like a pretty crappy idea then eh?

I was attracted to the idea of the tap a brew because I wouldn't need an extra fridge. We're renting and space is at a premium for us right now.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back