Sydney People Lock Up Your Beer.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Righto Sydney clan,

How about a show of hands for Saturday for a couple of pints.

Shall we say, The Australian between 11.00am - 12pm? Doc, what are your drop off times for coming back through?

I'm sure between those times you'll be awake and ready to go again Jayse? :beerbang:

Cheers.

Jayse,

Check with the Riverview first. I was there on Thursday and the ESB was off???

Let me know what's happening - it would be good to catch up again, mind you I think there's nothing here to compete with the Wheatie!

OK, maybe the Australia,
Oh and maybe Lord Nelson, and Paddy's, .................

Trev

I will find out Tuesday what is happening with the Riverview. I am out of the running for Saturday.
Cheers
Gerard

I can't make it unfortunately. :(

I'm out of town from Thursday to Sunday. When are you leaving, Jayse?

I'd like to catch up with you while you're here too Jayse, but I'm out of town until next week. Post back with your planned movements for early next week and I'll try and get into town to raise a glass with you if you're still here.

The wife and I are looking at dropping up to the Australian/Lord N/ Lowenbrau on Friday arvo after work..5.30pm+

And a Sunday lunch/arvo at Picton...BEAUEWWWWWDDIIIFFFFUUULLLL

fri 6pm could also work for me :rolleyes: sun probably not B)

cheers

bugger!!
i was at the australian and the lord nelson yesterday. could have had a beer with you....

quite possibly was standing right next to you somewhere, ohwell if i was a little more organized it would proberly help but......

Oh yeah, don't be tempted to go to Equilibrium! Stick to what you have listed and it will all be OK.

Wouldn't mind checking out the Macq hotel myself, meant to be some decent beers down there since the new brewmaster started. Might be a good idea to organise a little meet up somewhere around on one of the weeknights for the Sydney AHB folk?

Shame that the Malt Shovel Brewery at Camperdown doesn't do normal brewery tours, only select "industry" nights, but i'm sure something could be organised with the Macq hotel brewery, and Paddy's is worth a train ride to Flemington.

I think that the ISB crew might have something on this weekend but time will tell.

Gunna hit the macq this afternoon sometime, billy hydes music store is up the road so will go look at some guitars and wander up to start the day there. If the beers good i'll be going back again before I leave.

Righto Sydney clan,

How about a show of hands for Saturday for a couple of pints.

Shall we say, The Australian between 11.00am - 12pm? Doc, what are your drop off times for coming back through?

I'm sure between those times you'll be awake and ready to go again Jayse? :beerbang:

Cheers.

yeah should be able to manage that, might stay upstairs there friday so just have brekky and straight back down into it.

Jayse,

Check with the Riverview first. I was there on Thursday and the ESB was off???

Let me know what's happening - it would be good to catch up again, mind you I think there's nothing here to compete with the Wheatie!

OK, maybe the Australia,
Oh and maybe Lord Nelson, and Paddy's, .................

Trev

I will find out Tuesday what is happening with the Riverview. I am out of the running for Saturday.
Cheers
Gerard

Hey Trev and gerard,
Trying to ring the riverview now and can't get through don't no whats happened but it seems the phone is not connected. I,am trying to get them on 9810 1151 which is the number they have listed. Won't be back on the net today I don't think so if anyone knows anything and doesn't mind giving me a call on 0433 800 038 that would be great.

I can't make it unfortunately. :(

I'm out of town from Thursday to Sunday. When are you leaving, Jayse?

At the moment I have booked a flight out for next wed morning but theres a chance I may extend my visit yet.

The wife and I are looking at dropping up to the Australian/Lord N/ Lowenbrau on Friday arvo after work..5.30pm+

And a Sunday lunch/arvo at Picton...BEAUEWWWWWDDIIIFFFFUUULLLL
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...12325&st=15

At the bottom of the thread.....for Pics....

Look forward to seeing you then linz.

I'd like to catch up with you while you're here too Jayse, but I'm out of town until next week. Post back with your planned movements for early next week and I'll try and get into town to raise a glass with you if you're still here.

Will post back in a few days what the next week holds for me.

fri 6pm could also work for me :rolleyes: sun probably not

cheers

:party:

Thanx guys, I'am off to get stuck into it. If anyone is around and up for it give me a call.
Cheers
Jayse

Just a quick review of the progress,
The macq yesterday was very awesome, great beer, sam the brewer wasn't in but her young runabout was and had a good few hours there drinking what was in the fermentors and brite tanks aswell as all the beers on tap. Great venue and awesome atmosphere i thought. The brewery itself looks great and really a awesome place. I was in my happy place :super:

Redoak beers on tap after that wasn't anywhere near as expensive as i was expecting after the horror stories i heard. The beers were all pretty damn good but cut short of great. The atmosphere is very sterile and takes a lot away from the enjoyment but all in all not bad. The rauch was my pick but tried every beer on tap and they were all on par with each other.

The bavarian on york st was also very sterile and not a patch on the lowenbrau in the rocks, giant snitz were if you eat it all you get a fee schnapps. Funny thing was the waitress was suprised we both got through it without a problem at all. Anyway worth the cheap giant snitz just the atmosphere is way way way better at the lowenbrau.

After that was feeling rather boozed and broozed and headed up to the glenmore for a sleep upstairs.

Just drove to paddy's today for around 3 hours of beer, topless waitress with the best set of mammary glands ever. Spoke to the brewer at great length and had a few middy's of ESB out of the brite tank which is nearly ready for tapping and it was to die for. Tried all the beers there and am now back home for a couple days of quiet ones before the big weekend ahead.

Cheers, having a ball over here.
Jayse

Glad to see that you are enjoying your time in Sydney. After the variety you have experienced these past few days, Adelaide will seem like the most boring town on earth.
did the waitress at Paddy's do the trick with the $1 coins on her nipples?
Cheers
Gerard

Ok, it is not looking too good for me.
The dropoff for the flight has been bought forward to 7am, and my entire family is crook with some bug, that I feel I'm coming down with too.
Will keep you posted, but even if all were in great health I'm going to be in the city really really early.

Doc

snipped>
did the waitress at Paddy's do the trick with the $1 coins on her nipples?

No nipple tricks :blink:

Ok, it is not looking too good for me.

Not to worry I'll buy a beer for ya and drink it. :blink:

Any others up for friday and/or saturday in the rocks? sunday in picton and monday in canberra?

Cheers
Jayse

Ok just getting sorted to head into town and play shortly if anyones around and up for a couple. I don't think I'll be back on the net again before the weekend is out but might get back on in a hour just before we leave home.
Will be at the australain around 6pm tonite and staying at the glenmore and waking up and playing up the next day aswell.
If you want to find out whereabouts I'am exactly just give me a bell.
Hope to see a few brewers around the traps.

Cheers
jayse

Sorry Jayse.

Not going to be able to make it tonight or tomorrow I'm afraid. Let us know your plans for early next week when you're back from Canberra - Monday or Tuesday night I should be around if you're still standing by then!

Cheers
Shonky

Caught up with Jayse & the aj on fri after work at the Aust. Both great guys. Couple of other ahber's
there too. pity the little creatures keg was dry on a fri pm ! after sunset, most of us staggered
to the belgian cafe & feasted on mussel's & a few different brews. unfortunately i
only remembered to get 1 stamp in my belgian passport ! doh ! Then finished with a cleansing coopers ale on the rooftop
of the glenmore. interesting sights, no matter where u were looking ! Apart from the service
at the Aust, overall a great night ! i feel remorse for the navy boys that had to work next day :rolleyes: :beerbang:

dsc00028.jpg

dsc00026.jpg

Well, it wasn't sickness that kept me away.
Everyone is better.
The early morning dropoff to the airport got delayed as Wellington airport was fogged in.
The 0900 flight finally left at 1746, so my day was shagged at the airport.
Hope you had a great day yesterday Jayse.

Beers,
Doc

Hope you had a great day yesterday Jayse.

Beers,
Doc

We did. It was Jayse and I for a while at The Australian from 12pm until his mate Andy awoke and emerged into the afternoon light :lol:

The LCPA keg again ran dry, no more until the next delivery we were told. So we started on their range in bottles, before heading dow to the Lord Nelson and worked through their range. Back to the Lowenbrau (I'll let him tell you their stories of their air guitar night at the Lowenbrau Friday night :lol: ) for a dunkel, then I left them as the marched onto the Hero of Waterloo around 7pm for a meal.

Great afternoon with great company. Cheers Jayse :party: Should have given me a call Doc.

Cheers.

We did. It was Jayse and I for a while at The Australian from 12pm until his mate Andy awoke and emerged into the afternoon light :lol:

The LCPA keg again ran dry, no more until the next delivery we were told. So we started on their range in bottles, before heading dow to the Lord Nelson and worked through their range. Back to the Lowenbrau (I'll let him tell you their stories of their air guitar night at the Lowenbrau Friday night :lol: ) for a dunkel, then I left them as the marched onto the Hero of Waterloo around 7pm for a meal.

Great afternoon with great company. Cheers Jayse :party: Should have given me a call Doc.

Cheers.

Jayse must have had a great day cuz he was so sick poor old Hogan, Franko, Linz, and Pumpy & Trev were left like a 'Shag on a rock 'at the George the sixth @ Picton waiting for him , Never mind we thoughth after the amount he had been drinking he may not be able to back up , and we had some special guest's playing too .

After i went back to Frankos for a few Porters , Wow what a brewery he is building it willl put us all to shame Bling ! Bling !

Pic of the Band playing at the pub attached BLS

Pumpy B)

BLS.JPG

Latest posts

Back